Type 1.5 being a hassle these days

angieG

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi Mileana,

Thanks for the update. You have obviously given your pancreas a good rest and have done well with the weight loss and smoking, :clap: it has probably reverted you back to like a honeymoon period.

Good luck at keeping it under control and I hope it stops you having the hypos you were previously.

Regards
Angie

Paul Oak

Re 1/2 unit pens, depends on type of insulin and whether its a pre-fill or cartridge pen. I have a 1/2 unit pen for Humalog cartridges whenever I have to replace it the local pharmacist always asks if I want 1/2 or 1 unit as they keep both in stock, and this despite whatever on prescription form!

Barrie Smith

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
NHS and Prof Tony Weetman .
Go to PALS explain to them how dangerous it is , see if there is a Diabetic Sisters unit in your area they are more hands on than the consultants .
I would suggest like lots of others on here you DEMAND to try Animal insulin , G/M insulin is known to cause Autoimmune reaction
that is Irreversable do it ASAP , I have been there and got a 32 yr T shirt .
Hope you fare better than I did .
Barrie .

carlos37

its a bit of a nightmare isnt it gettin it right i was re diagnosed six week ago keytones 4++++++++++++ straight onto 12 units levimr and then novarapid to cover meals the main problem ive encountered is that sugars on metyer when re diagnosed were avg 22 34 now avg 8 13 lower sometimes but have neen told to keep them at that till end feb as every time gop to 6 or lower start having hypos the annoying thing is that now have been told if it dont drop below 4 dont treat it so constantly checking havent been in work since and put 1 half stone on although i was skinny although hoping to go bck to work in next week or so got meetin with manager fri soll find out then but the sooner but the dn has been brill even regered me for a dafne course in june i think a lot of it is how pro active your dn nurse team are but anyway good luck

MunkyBo1

Dislikes
Injecting 5+ times a day
I have a brand new half unit pen for nova rapid penfils cartridges if you still want one?