Type 1 and 25 weeks pregnant

HammyBammy

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Hi,

I was diagnosed last year with type 1. Im now 25 weeks pregnant with my first child and everything has been pretty good so far, baby is measuring fine and blood sugars are well controlled. Recently I've noticed my eyebrow hair has been falling out (the rest of my hair has become thicker) I read somewhere that eyebrow hair thinning could be the sign of thyroid problem? I was checked a few times for thyroid issues when I was recently diagnosed and everything came back clear. I wondered if maybe this could be start of a thyroid problem? Thanks

joanne75

Hi,

I was diagnosed last year with type 1. Im now 25 weeks pregnant with my first child and everything has been pretty good so far, baby is measuring fine and blood sugars are well controlled. Recently I've noticed my eyebrow hair has been falling out (the rest of my hair has become thicker) I read somewhere that eyebrow hair thinning could be the sign of thyroid problem? I was checked a few times for thyroid issues when I was recently diagnosed and everything came back clear. I wondered if maybe this could be start of a thyroid problem? Thanks
Hi and congratulations on your pregnancy, I am Type 1 and have thyroid problems which I take medication for, I know whilst I was pregnant they increased my med's and I think I had blood tests every 3mths to check my thyroid not sure what pregnancy does to your thyroid but I am assuming it does something, might be worth mentioning it next time you go and see if they can check your thyroid, best wishes

Reactions: HammyBammy