1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2019 »
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Type 1 And Kidney Problems

Discussion in 'Type 1 Diabetes' started by Bassiette, Aug 28, 2018.

1. Bassiette

Bassiette Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Hello i have to bad days feeling always i need to go to toilet can't sleep well i wake with blood sugar with 123 mg/dl where the problem from can my insulin be ineffective or some other reasons ??

2. Cumberland

Cumberland Type 1 · Master

I would strongly recommend you see a diabetes nurse or endocrinologist

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. ConnorFowles1

ConnorFowles1 Type 1 · Member

You should check your ketones. I came out of hospital on Friday after being DKA...

4. Jaylee

Jaylee Type 1 · Expert
    Retired Moderator

Hi,

The figure you gave equates to 6.8Mmol... If your mg/dl number is correct? This is not a majorly high figure.
    What insulin are you prescribed?
    We can't diagnose, but I would strongly advise seeing a doctor regarding your waterworks issue..

5. Bassiette

Bassiette Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Im using novorapid and lantus i checked my hba1c 10 days ago i was 6 mg/dl i started to feel like need to urinate too much yesterday day only

6. maria030660

maria030660 · Well-Known Member

I would be intensly happy with 6.8 !!! Maybe you have a bladder infection which usually causes frequent visits to the loo. If you had kidney problems you would have swollen ankles, itchy skin etc. But important is that you need to see your GP/diabetic nurse. A bladder infection can be cured easily with antibiotics.

• Like Like x 2
  7. NicoleC1971

NicoleC1971 Type 1 · Well-Known Member

As maria says, it sounds very much like cystitis. I hope it goes away with drinking water or an OTC remedy but I'd ask a pharmacist or GP for further advice especially if it is accompanied by back ache, fever or excessive ketones (sure sign of infection) .

• Like Like x 1
  • Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook