Type 1 and Marital problems

SWUSA_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Parsnips, turnips, swedes-the vegetable not the people.
Well, it may be treatable and something else entirely-now that you are aware of the problem you can take steps like seeing the doctor to make it better. Merry Christmas! and happy exercising! (don't over do it at first-small changes are much easier to sustain than drastic ones). And thanks for posting-I found a small itchy, rough spot on the back of my head this morning before I read your post-I will make an appointment with my doctor next week as well.

catapillar

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
now I'm reading psoriasis can cause diabetes... I'm really angry.

Not sure where you are reading that but I don't think it's correct. You have type 1, the causes of which are unknown. It's an autoimmune disease. So probably a genetic predisposition to autoimmune diseases and an environmental trigger to set off the immune system killing off the beta cell game. Autoimmune type 1 diabetes is not caused by psoriasis, so far as anyone knows. Not sure where your anger is directed, but it might be misplaced?

Struma

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Other
@Steve14 There is an association between psoriasis and subsequent diabetes development, but it is mostly established with T2, not T1.
Edit: I am currently just trying T-Gel shampoo for my (drug induced) scalp and beard psoriasis, although it's not recommended for the face!! It is a coal tar preparation.

Steve14

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
@Steve14 There is an association between psoriasis and subsequent diabetes development, but it is mostly established with T2, not T1.
Edit: I am currently just trying T-Gel shampoo for my (drug induced) scalp and beard psoriasis, although it's not recommended for the face!! It is a coal tar preparation.

It was flushing niacin for me. Even the smallest dosage makes me flush. People usually take 10x more than I do. I always end up looking like this for 3-4 weeks: http://healthhq.org/wp-content/uploads/2014/07/psoriasis-face.png
I now look at all food- and supplement labels and if it has added niacin and doesn't state which form, then I stay far away from it.

SWUSA_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Parsnips, turnips, swedes-the vegetable not the people.
I've used T-Gel and it was effective to relieve itching red scalp for me but it does smell a little tarry. I also applied it to psoriasis on my elbow area as it had previously worked on itchy patch on my scalp without any allergic reaction from me (and that is rare for anything applied to my skin).

Steve14

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Happy New Year!

I stopped being a night owl and reverted my cyrcadian rythm. As a result I have more energy during the day and my levels are a bit lower. Now I can stay below 10, but usually go up to 12 in the evening/night... but that is not the problem.

The hypoglycemia monster reared it's ugly head yesterday. I was at 3.4 and feeling like ****. It seems that I don't sweat anymore when low, and it's scarring me. I guess when waking up in the morning one requires more insulin compared to being already awake for a few hours.... and as a result, when 3-4 hours pass after morning dosage it suddenly kicks in and gives me bad hypos. I've been dealing with this for over a year and it's the main reason I'm scared to leave the house.