Type 1 Aspiration pneumonia

Doowop_

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Rude people, ignorant people
Hi guys I’m a 51 year old with type 1 diabetes since 1972 also I have stage 3 ckd plus heart disease slightly blocked artery and multiple nerve damage, 3 weeks ago I inhaled a pea and possibly on same day some soil dust and was diagnosed with Aspiration pneumonia hospital 3 times antibiotics finished a week ago and although I feel a little better in myself I still have a horrendous cough and breathing still not good, my concern is how long is it likely to take for me to recover or indeed will I recover. Normally considering what I have wrong with me I’m normally pretty active and fit. My blood sugar over the last two weeks have been between 5-8 so assuming infection under control, but I’m pretty scared about if I will recover. Any information appreciated, thanks rich

KK123

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi guys I’m a 51 year old with type 1 diabetes since 1972 also I have stage 3 ckd plus heart disease slightly blocked artery and multiple nerve damage, 3 weeks ago I inhaled a pea and possibly on same day some soil dust and was diagnosed with Aspiration pneumonia hospital 3 times antibiotics finished a week ago and although I feel a little better in myself I still have a horrendous cough and breathing still not good, my concern is how long is it likely to take for me to recover or indeed will I recover. Normally considering what I have wrong with me I’m normally pretty active and fit. My blood sugar over the last two weeks have been between 5-8 so assuming infection under control, but I’m pretty scared about if I will recover. Any information appreciated, thanks rich

Hi Doowop, I certainly hope you'll recover but all I can say to try and reassure you is that the more controlled your diabetes is, the better your chances! My type 1 Mum had all sorts of illnesses over the years (pneumonia/mrsa etc) and recovered from all of them so there is PLENTY of hope. x

Reactions: EllieM

Doowop_

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Hi Doowop, I certainly hope you'll recover but all I can say to try and reassure you is that the more controlled your diabetes is, the better your chances! My type 1 Mum had all sorts of illnesses over the years (pneumonia/mrsa etc) and recovered from all of them so there is PLENTY of hope. x
Thanks I appreciate the good wishes, Rich

Doowop_

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Thanks I appreciate the good wishes , Rich