Type 1 covid vaccine.

Andydragon

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I know this is tagged as type 1, but we are in the same cohort. My surgery is on cohort 5 now and hoping to have invited all of those by Friday, so cohort 6 should be after that. Not long to wait now, I'm in the south west, near Cheltenham

Reactions: oldgreymare

Hopeful34

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Type 1, 48, Greater London, with multiple autoimmunities. I got a text message from my GP surgery last week and had the vaccine on Sunday.
Was all quite well organised imo

Unfortunately I seem to be getting most of the side effects, feeling quite ill..my blood sugars elevated within an hour or so and I haven’t been able to regulate them since..am sitting on 12-15mmol despite increased basal (insulin pump) and increased bolusing for meals. Had shivering/temperature, fatigue, strong headache, slight nausea (probably the raised bsl) and an overall feeling of blah. Appetite also low.
I have no regrets in getting the vaccine, I feel it essential..I hope to be feeling better in a day or so.

Hopefully it won’t be long for yours xo
Sorry you're getting side effects, take care and hope you feel better soon. I hate having to see to diabetes when I feel yuk, it's the last thing I can be bothered with.
It probably is the vaccine raising your blood sugar, but have you changed your cannula and insulin cartridge, just to rule out them not working very well?