type 1 diabetes

Niamh1

I have had type 1 diabetes for almost 2 a half years. I was diagnosed at the hospital at the age of 30. there are 3 other people in my family who have type 1 diabetes. i saw the encnologist yesterday and she wants me to get my c peptise and diabetes antibodies test done again do to my family having diabetes gene all she said she wants to rule this out after hearing this i am cornered is this normal request

ElenaP

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I have had type 1 diabetes for almost 2 a half years. I was diagnosed at the hospital at the age of 30. there are 3 other people in my family who have type 1 diabetes. i saw the encnologist yesterday and she wants me to get my c peptise and diabetes antibodies test done again do to my family having diabetes gene all she said she wants to rule this out after hearing this i am cornered is this normal request
I, also, was diagnosed Type 1 as an adult, but diabetes runs in the family. One of my sisters and several cousins were diagnosed as children, some as babies. To me this sounds good. Your diabetes consultant is interested in your well-being..

Reactions: lovinglife

Westley

Type of diabetes
Type 1
They might want to check for MODY. This often gets misdiagnosed as Type 1 at first, and runs in families. There are a few threads on this forum about it.
Anyway, getting the tests seems a good idea, as more certainty about the right diagnosis could lead to better treatment.

• Agree
Reactions: himtoo and EllieM