Type 1, Graves, Anaemia and it goes on

TraceyD123

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi. Just wanted to see if anyone knows if all my ailments are connected. I was diagnosed Type 1 in 1984 and have since been diagnosed with Depression, Graves, Vitamin D deficiency, OSA, Anaemia and now calcium deficiency. Also had both my knees replaced when I was 47 as they had effectively worn out. I’m constantly tired and now gaining weight despite dieting and upping my exercise. I guess I’m just asking if these are connected and how others cope?

deb1960

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Ignorant, homophobic, racist people
I am T2 and had graves disease in my early 30's I was told that if you had 1 autoimune condition you were more than likely to have another. I am also anaemic ( I could sleep 23 hours out of 24. I am now on the two week cancer pathway because of the anaemia, low platelets, white bloodcells, protein in my liver and a few other symptoms. My gp is thinking myeloma (blood cancer ) I'm hoping that she's over reacting and it's just a blip. I just want to be able to stay awake. I frightened myself today when I felt like I was falling asleep whilst driving. I also have fibromyalgia and osteoarthritis in my knees . I have no appetite at all and not eating makes me even more tired and feeling the cold . Oh and just as a little extra I've got oral thrush

TraceyD123

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I am T2 and had graves disease in my early 30's I was told that if you had 1 autoimune condition you were more than likely to have another. I am also anaemic ( I could sleep 23 hours out of 24. I am now on the two week cancer pathway because of the anaemia, low platelets, white bloodcells, protein in my liver and a few other symptoms. My gp is thinking myeloma (blood cancer ) I'm hoping that she's over reacting and it's just a blip. I just want to be able to stay awake. I frightened myself today when I felt like I was falling asleep whilst driving. I also have fibromyalgia and osteoarthritis in my knees . I have no appetite at all and not eating makes me even more tired and feeling the cold . Oh and just as a little extra I've got oral thrush

Fingers crossed your GP is just ruling it out. Stay strong and good luck.