Type 1: I can't get my levels down :(

Lucielu

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Oh god sounds awful @jonniey
I find if I do weights that raises my levels or if I do quick busts of cardio it will raise me at first then I'll go low so I try take less insulin with tea time meals.
I can't cut out carbs completely, to be honest even when I eat good carbs with my meals in the week I'm always hungry after only ever fulll when I eat naughty on weekends haha

jonniey

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Before I got diabetes I was always thin but healthy strong and very active running and cycling, maybe that's why I'm still quite sensitive to insulin

Lucielu

Type of diabetes
Type 1
It's all turned around now, keep having lows now after breakfast. I've even reduced my insulin at breakfast ( the QA one) and still going low. My dietician had asked me to do a food diary, I think doing exercise in the evenings is affecting my levels in the morning so gota half my insulin at breakfast. Also having lows through the night so have to reduce that too

M80

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Thank you for this very useful thread, I am having similar problems and can not remember ever being told about this method to figure out if the basal is right. Just wanted to add I do think the lows are a result of your blood sugar being better, so your body is more receptive to the insulin.Think I read that in the book by DR Bernstein. Anyway, it is the same stumble block for me every time it gets better, after some days my bs goes low all the time and it is hard to stay motivated. But the solution must be like is mentioned here, lower, think long term and stick to it.I am trying too. So far it is apparent to me my basal is uneven, I use Levemir, and now by recommendation from the nurse it is taken twice a day instead of once. Also the advice about work versus weekend is good I think, stress or the way you use your body (or don't) affects everything.My friend needs double basal when she works compared to weekends. Hope you figure this out, I am here too doing the same hopefully:)(M,diabetic type 1 since age 9 now 36.)