Type 1: London GP Practice

Sean V

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Greetings!

I'm a new member here, so it's really nice to meet you all :)

I've recently moved to South London (SE1), and need to sign up to a new GP practice.

My last clinic had really thorough support for Diabetes, so I'm a bit nervous about finding a new place that's as helpful...I've had a lot of difficulty finding a decent practice for support before.

On the off chance, is anyone aware of a good diabetic practice in the area?

No problem if not, but thought it worth the ask!

Thanks,

Sean

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
asparagusp thanks for the search tool, that's really handy ;)

Nice to meet you too Freema.

I've had a dig around and found this:
http://www.guysandstthomas.nhs.uk/our-services/diabetes/overview.aspx

They sound quite good, so think I'll give them a go.

Putting it here just in case anyone else is in a similar scenario.

Hello there Sean.

I have no personal wisdom to offer you, but I think @tim2000s and @robert72 are both London based, so may well have some insight.

Another thing, which off-topic, so I'll chastise myself later, is the London based T1s have fairly regular meet-ups, which seem to be very well attended. Having typed that I seem to recall @Type1Bri @ewelina attend.

Good luck. :)

Reactions: robert72

robert72

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hello there Sean.

I have no personal wisdom to offer you, but I think @tim2000s and @robert72 are both London based, so may well have some insight.

Another thing, which off-topic, so I'll chastise myself later, is the London based T1s have fairly regular meet-ups, which seem to be very well attended. Having typed that I seem to recall @Type1Bri @ewelina attend.

Good luck. :)
I'm in NW London so my GP/hospital probably not handy for @Sean V - but I'm pretty sure @tim2000s is at Guys.

Sean V

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi @Type1Bri , thanks for the links. The picnic in the park looked like fun!

Thanks to everyone else for sharing all of the info, I'll look into being referred to guys. @tim2000s maybe I'll see you there sometime

tim2000s

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
Hi @Sean V I'm at Guy's and St Thomas' Hospital Diabetic clinic. I've found it to be pretty good. They're very pro pumping and diabetes technology and are part of the SE London Health Innovation Network, so are open to taking new ways to approach diabetes care.

Well worth a request for referral in my book.