1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2021 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Guest, stay home, stay safe, save the NHS. Stay up to date with information about keeping yourself and people around you safe here and GOV.UK: Coronavirus (COVID-19). Think you have symptoms? NHS 111 service is available here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Type 1 Type 1 low carb and weight loss

Discussion in 'Ask A Question' started by quintel, Aug 14, 2019.

1. quintel

quintel Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Hi everyone

I started on a low carb diet with my partner just over a month ago in a bid to lose some weight after having my twins. I also am very insulin resistant i.e bolus ratio of 1:5 and basal of 28U in am and 34U in pm. I’m also on 2 metformin tablets a day. I’ve not lost any weight at all and wondered if I’m doing something wrong?

It’s really disheartening as I hate the way I look and upset I’ve cut out so many foods I love to try and do this but it’s not working. Is the weight loss something that happens very slowly and I need to have patience?

2. philly1991

philly1991 Type 1 · Well-Known Member

I can't she'd much light on this however I can recommend slimming world as a great way to lose weight but also achieve some amazing blood glucose results.
    I reduced to 1 unit to 10 grams and my basal from 28U to 14U whilst following their plan.

3. ringi

ringi Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Very hard to say, as "low carb diet" is not well defined. If you list everything you have eaten and drunk over the last few days, someone may spot if you are doing something wrong.

However, it is possible you are losing fat and gaining muscle, hence it is worth considering waist measurement as well as weight.

• Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook