Type 1 newly diagnosed needs lots of advice

Raj2512

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Hi everyone, I am a 50 year old man diagnosed with type 1 diabetes a few months back. I lost about 10 kgs weight in just 6 months which led to my hospitalization where my sugar reading was at 14.

Yesterday was my first Hba1c and it came to 7.4. I am on 8 units of Novarapid before each meal and 17 units Lantus at bedtime.

I am trying to take care of my diet and walk about 7 kms every day. I also am trying to incorporate some yoga in my routine.

My morning sugar is very high every day at about 10 and am not sure how to control the same. This spoils the entire day. Please advise.

D

Deleted Account

My advice would be that managing diabetes is a marathon not a sprint.
At the moment your BG is higher than you would like. This is likely to be your diabetes team dong a bit of trial and error to get your insulin dose just right. It is better, at first, to have too little insulin than have too much and hypo all the time.
Talk to your diabetes team about your concerns in the morning: they will probably increase your Lantus but this advice is better coming from healthcare professionals who know you than a stranger.

Diabetes diagnosis is a pest but now you have the diagnosis, you have the tools to get on with your life.

Macdonald1995

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Take one day at a time, i was diagnosed with type 1at 41, 2 and a half years ago. That was a shock. Every day is a learning curve with diabetes once your medication is sorted out you will feel a lot better. It will take time to get your head around it. I take 8 units of novorapid 3 times during the day and 28 lantus at night, what a difference it makes. Good luck :)