Type 1 Or Tyoe 2

Jetpot

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi all,

I was diagnosed in april age 38....because of my age they were not sure if was Type 1 or Type 2 and have sent antibodies away to be tested. I’m on Metformin, Gliclazide and Empagliflozin and sugars are all in single figures and always under 8....my question is (as the antibodies aren’t back yet).....if it WAS Type 1 then would I be responding to medication?? My thought is no but then Gliclazide is stimulating insulin....help??!!

D

Deleted Account

If you were type 1, you could be in the "honeymoon period".
This is when your body has not killed off all the insulin producing cells (called "islets of langerhans").
During this period, our BG can be unpredictable as the amount of insulin we produce goes up and down a bit.

I don't know if Gliclazide can stimulate insulin production or whether it is just the honeymoon.
Whichever it is, I would wait for the results of the tests rather than (the understandable) speculation.

And, whatever the results, as you will see from many of the people on this forum, diabetes does not have to put an end to your lifestyle.

Jetpot

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
That’s really helpful, thanks! Gliclazide MOA is to stimulate insulin....so as you say will just wait and see...hmmm Honeymoon....away to google and find out more!! Thanks again, really helpful to have such a wealth of knowledge to tap in to!

QUOTE="helensaramay, post: 1839049, member: 181361"]If you were type 1, you could be in the "honeymoon period".
This is when your body has not killed off all the insulin producing cells (called "islets of langerhans").
During this period, our BG can be unpredictable as the amount of insulin we produce goes up and down a bit.

I don't know if Gliclazide can stimulate insulin production or whether it is just the honeymoon.
Whichever it is, I would wait for the results of the tests rather than (the understandable) speculation.

And, whatever the results, as you will see from many of the people on this forum, diabetes does not have to put an end to your lifestyle.[/QUOTE]