Type 1 two year old.

Skye's_mummy

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Hi everyone I was just wondering if anyone lived near Derby with a child similar age? Would love my little girl to have a friend in the same boat as her as she's starting to act up with injections. Just what her to see that it's something other children do too!!

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
If don't know about Derby but I'll get the ball on this thread rolling by tagging in @shivles . Her T1 kid is about that age..

Mrsass

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Have you tried speaking to your dsn? When I was little my diabetes team did play days, group sessions for parents & children, trips etc not sure if they are still done now as this was 25 ish years ago but maybe worth an ask?

Skye's_mummy

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Have you tried speaking to your dsn? When I was little my diabetes team did play days, group sessions for parents & children, trips etc not sure if they are still done now as this was 25 ish years ago but maybe worth an ask?

Yeah I've been in contact with them I'm going to a cooking class soon. Just waiting for more info about a xmas party too. But I'd love her to do 'normal' kids stuff with another child like her too, trips to the park, out for lunch etc.

shivles

Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Hi, my LO is 18 months :) we are in Warrington so quite a distance! Your team will be able to tell you about groups etc, you're welcome to drop me a message any time though

Skye's_mummy

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Hi, my LO is 18 months :) we are in Warrington so quite a distance! Your team will be able to tell you about groups etc, you're welcome to drop me a message any time though

Just a little bit too far then!! But thanks very much, just wanted someone to catch up with who has to decide if there childs sugars are high/low or there just being a child!!

Skye's_mummy

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Hi we are in Sheffield with a 15 month old, only diagnosed 3 weeks ago so everything very new and challenging.

Hi!
Ohhh my goodness, such a young age.
We're 9 weeks in now and still finding our feet. Let me know if there are any questions or even if you just want to vent to someone about it all. It's so difficult with young children as they can't tell you how they feel. Just keep your head above the water that's all you can do

Tracyw

Hi!
Ohhh my goodness, such a young age.
We're 9 weeks in now and still finding our feet. Let me know if there are any questions or even if you just want to vent to someone about it all. It's so difficult with young children as they can't tell you how they feel. Just keep your head above the water that's all you can do
Thank you, her levels still feel high. In the late teens and some 20's. I'm keen to get them down but understand this has to be done gradual. Her night time readings drop through the night so we have to give her a snack before bed to ensure she doesn't drop too much in the night.

Skye's_mummy

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Thank you, her levels still feel high. In the late teens and some 20's. I'm keen to get them down but understand this has to be done gradual. Her night time readings drop through the night so we have to give her a snack before bed to ensure she doesn't drop too much in the night.

Don't panic, it took us awhile to get her blood sugars down in single digits. To be honest we still have days where we really struggle to get them in single digits too. Just check her ketones, no need to worry too much to start with unless her ketones go above 1. We're the opposite she goes to bed perfect then shoots up during the night but wakes up fine!! . Everything has to be done slowly otherwise it's dangerous. You will get there, it may take weeks but it will happen. I'm sure your doing a fantastic job, it's not easy so give yourself some credit

Reactions: azure