1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2019 »
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Type 1: What are your HbA1c test results?

Discussion in 'Type 1 Diabetes' started by dagenham69, Aug 20, 2019.

1. dagenham69

dagenham69 Type 1 · Newbie

I wish to get my level down someone out there help me

2. MeiChanski

MeiChanski Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Hello welcome! Have you been taught how to carb count and adjust insulin for meals?

3. helensaramay

helensaramay Type 1 · Expert

@dagenham69 could you tell us a bit about yourself?
    Your profile says you have type 1 (and you have posted in the type 1 subforum) but it says you are treated with oral meds.

How long have you had type 1 and how do you treat it?
    With that information, there are 100s of years of joint experience amongst the T1 crowd who can probably offer some suggestions.

4. dagenham69

dagenham69 Type 1 · Newbie

I was type 2 then bloods show type1 im on insulin nova rapid and Lantus solo

5. kaylz91

kaylz91 Type 1 · Well-Known Member

What is your hba1c at the moment? and how long have you been diagnosed type 1 and on insulin?

Getting levels down is a marathon not a sprint and it's far healthier to get them down gradually as quickly can do more damage than good that I unfortunately went through myself
    xx

6. Mel dCP

Mel dCP Type 1 · Well-Known Member

What are your levels at now, lovely?

7. Antje77

Antje77 LADA · Moderator
    Staff Member

Hello @dagenham69 , and welcome to the forum!
    It would be easier for us to give you some tips and tricks about managing your diabetes if you told us a bit more about how you're managing right now. For instance, do you choose your doses of novorapid yourself, depending on what you eat or are you on fixed doses for every meal? How long have you been diagnosed with T1?

It would also help if you told us what questions you have at the moment, maybe we can answer them :)

Good luck!

• Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook