Type 1: What are your HbA1c test results?

Marfmama

Just seen the nurse, mine was 10.1 (!!!) Up from 8.1 in june, but this blood was taken over a week ago, just as I started low carbing and testing 8 times a day - I worked out the average for my first 8 days of this new regime was 6.8. Getting there. Will be back to see the nurse in 3 months, really hope I can see a big improvement next time

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Paul J

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
all the things i should have.....well some anyway
;)feeling very smug as mine has just come back at 5.5, and cholesterol at 4.9

dtennant9

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Had it tested this morning and it came back as 45 or 6.3 in the old way.

Thommothebear

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Had mine done two weeks ago, rang the Dr office earlier this week to be told got to do it again as the sample "was not usable". My DN tells me this is code for "they put it in the wrong type of container". Second time this has happened. Somewhat miffed.

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Draven619

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
My last hba1c around two weeks ago was 92. This seems different as everyone else is posting percentages or maybe i'm not getting it lol. Anyway it meant my average bm was 16. Allow me to point out that my diabetic control is abysmal and has been for over 20 years.

buddyking

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Re: What are your H test results?

I had my HbA1c test done monday and it was 7.8

Looking at the piece of card whick they gave me it has a traffic light system, which mine fell in the amber (try to improve)
The Red is 9 or higher which is poor.
6-7 is green... good which is probably possible but also they have in the green section 4-6 which they describe as excellent.

There is no way possible that i could live with such a low blood count. I wouldnt be able to drive if it was that low nor would i be safe driving a fork lift at work if my blood was that low. If my blood sugars were at 5 and 30 mins of hard work I would be going into hypo mode.

Looking at this chart..
I THINK; DOCTORS THINK ALL DIABETICS SIT AND WATCH TV ALL DAY!!!
Amen! Getting through the everyday challenges of life that require coordination and judgement while dealing with the spikes and valleys of blood sugar requires all diabetics to be vigilant aware of countless possibilities. Maybe a low A1C makes the doctor happy, but if the patient knocks down a fence while driving (I did that), then maybe pleasing ourselves deserves some consideration. I am in the U.S., so sometimes the numbers I see here confuse me. If A1C is the same, I am at 6.7. I have been doing this for 61 years and there was no A1C test for much of that.

planehazza

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Mine is usually around 57 on the new scale, but I'm really bad for testing regularly enough. I always test before I drive, but I don't usually do the pre and post meal testing. My worst trait is having a snickers etc with my lunch just like I used to. Some habits die old eh?

susieg

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
the confusion about what and what not to eat, provided by others who know it all!
mine is 7% always the same. was 11.0 3 yr ago when I was diagnosed, now 7% happy wth that.