Type 1: What are your HbA1c test results?

Tylers73

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I will call docs on tues also still waiting for call back from diabetic nurses two weeks now . Not coping fed up

Nuthead

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Just got it done. 40. Was 38 in December. I'm happy, nurse had a hissy fit. She reckons I'm to low and I must have lots of hypos and you drive blah blah. Told her I was aiming for 35 as I left the room..:rolleyes:

Reactions: 2 people

sammyc123

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Small portions of food and Lord of the rings .
Just got it done. 40. Was 38 in December. I'm happy, nurse had a hissy fit. She reckons I'm to low and I must have lots of hypos and you drive blah blah. Told her I was aiming for 35 as I left the room..:rolleyes:
My last one was 24.6 (4.4%)...love to see your nurses face if she saw that lol!!

Reactions: 4 people

MrBrightside

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Nice work, some impressive numbers. I only have my initial result of 109 so hoping to get down fairly quick!

Nicola M

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Latest result I had in March was 6.9% it has stayed like this for the past 6 months

fleurtess

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
spiteful people, noisy naughty kids
I got very confused with the new rating for the HBA1C. It used to be so simple. My last H test when taken into old figures was 6.6%. My Dr was not pleased and said it was too low!. I feel fine and keep my mmol between 6.6 and 7.9mmol.

fleurtess

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
My nurse had a fit too as mine was 35. I was asked about hypos too and no I don't have any. So good luck but do be careful

fleurtess

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
I will call docs on tues also still waiting for call back from diabetic nurses two weeks now . Not coping fed up
Hi Tylers73. Sorry your not coping. I know it can be worrying when nurses don't call back or see you. Remember when you eat your levels will go up for 2 hours and then drop over the next 2 hours. Carb counting is the best way. For instance if your carbs on your plate of food is 68g then you will need 7 units of insulin. If you have a diabetes carb counting app on your laptop/phone it helps by showing the cars of potatoes for instance. Anything over the .5 goes to the next number. I.e.65.9g is 7 units on your pen insulin. I hope this helps

Janelle123

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Just got my results back on Friday. It was 44 (6.2%). I was hoping for it to be under 40 - maybe next time :)

fleurtess

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
I get my H test next month. Last one was 38 and I got a roasting from the nurse and asked several times if I was having hypos. I don't have hypos. She looked like she was having a fit of sorts and told me my results were the lowest she'd ever seen.

Nuthead

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
I get my H test next month. Last one was 38 and I got a roasting from the nurse and asked several times if I was having hypos. I don't have hypos. She looked like she was having a fit of sorts and told me my results were the lowest she'd ever seen.
Been there. Done that. I was told 38 is far to low and my control is to good..:brb:...I am still aiming for 35 ;)

L3wisr

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
My last one was at the magical 35 but was then told to reduce all injection by a unit to raise the level!

fleurtess

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
seeing Dr today about sore heels and very painful toes. Sometimes feels like my toes are in a vice. Also my fingers keep going numb. Trying to play the piano when fIngers go numb is difficult. My levels are good at 6.6mmol at night and in the morning. I just know he is going to moan again and tell me yet again my levels are pre-diabetic and too low. Ho hum it will be here we go again with the lecture

sammyc123

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Small portions of food and Lord of the rings .
Tell her to speak to my dr if she wants to see low results...24.6 or 4.4 in old money.

Reactions: 2 people

Janelle123

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Tell her to speak to my dr if she wants to see low results...24.6 or 4.4 in old money.
Wow! What do you consider low/what level do you treat for a low blood sugar? I am usually reaching for a piece of chocolate when my blood sugar level is at your average of 4.0! I like to be between 5 and 7 and I start to feel the symptoms of a low at about 4.0