Type 1: What are your HbA1c test results?

Redsnapper

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Just got my latest HbA1c results after 6 months of LCHF. At diagnosis was 75. In November 42 and today 39 which I think is 5.7 %
or thereabouts.Well within normal range anyway.It has taken some commitment to a new diet,but I like my new eating regime.Always loved bacon and eggs anyway!!

Last edited by a moderator:

LauraC27

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
If you are fasting diabetic you can tell the nurse when you get there and usually you jump the que as a priority at blood tests. I would suggest going as early in the morning as you can for the blood test to save you worrying about hypo's. Is it a drop in service? But technically as long as you aren't injecting insulin for eating as you won't be eating it shouldn't be too much of a problem.. but if you do have a hypo, then obviously you have to treat it regardless of the blood test requirements.
My blood test was non fasting though.. i had my first one a few weeks ago since being diagnosed in July 2015.
To be on the safe side, don't just take my advice as i'm new to this too! Ring the GP or diabetic clinic if you have any questions. :)

Last edited by a moderator:

birchy66

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Just had my annual HbA1c which was 53 (7.3%) which is disappointing but expected due to hernia problems/operation which caused inactivity. Hopefully better next time round. Six months ago it was 51 (6.8%).

dbr10

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Just had my annual HbA1c which was 53 (7.3%) which is disappointing but expected due to hernia problems/operation which caused inactivity. Hopefully better next time round. Six months ago it was 51 (6.8%).
That's only a slight deterioration given the surgery though.

Reactions: 2 people

encore1332

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
not nice stuff
54 which I think is 7.1%, wanted to get below 50 but had a bad bug for two weeks and I struggled to keep BS normal and enough keytones to turn urine test black.

Reactions: 4 people

Diamattic

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Just had mine done for the first time since last summer - 5.4% - I am pretty happy about that lol I thought it was going to be much higher.
I will check back in 3 months and celebrate until then haha

Reactions: 8 people

LucyM88

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Had mine done a few weeks ago....64mmol / 8.0%

Abit high but way better than I have been or was!

Reactions: 6 people

Claire007

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Mine was 43.
It was 108 on diagnosis last May, my last one in October 40, so it's increased a bit. But I think that's still ok? I'm not sure what it is as a %
I've just started using the freestyle Libre so it will be interesting to see if and how this impacts over the next 3 months.

urbanracer

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Not being able to eat as many chocolate digestives as I used to.
Latest results just in, - 6.7%.

unietis

Type of diabetes
Type 1
I was diagnosed T1 3 months ago on 2015 November 13th - my HbA1c was 14.0% then
Today 2016 February 25th - my HbA1c is down to 6.2%
I'll be happy when i'll be able to maintain it under 6

urbanracer

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Not being able to eat as many chocolate digestives as I used to.
I was diagnosed T1 3 months ago on 2015 November 13th - my HbA1c was 14.0% then
Today 2016 February 25th - my HbA1c is down to 6.2%
I'll be happy when i'll be able to maintain it under 6

Impressive drop, well done.

Reactions: 2 people

Stallen

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Grumpy folk
Just had a phone call telling me the result of yesterday's Hba1c it's down from 52 24th December 2015 to 41 1st March 2016

I'm happy with that as its only been 2 months between the tests and bearing in mind, I quit all my diabetes medication in November 2015 for the LCHF diet.:)

Clivethedrive

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Jogging
Just had a phone call telling me the result of yesterday's Hba1c it's down from 52 24th December 2015 to 41 1st March 2016

I'm happy with that as its only been 2 months between the tests and bearing in mind, I quit all my diabetes medication in November 2015 for the LCHF diet.:)
Way to go Stallen keep up your good controls

Stallen

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Grumpy folk
Way to go Stallen keep up your good controls
Thanks Clive, I fully intend to stay focused :watching: I've just got to work out a decent strategy that will work for me on those pesky liver dumps during my morning exercise.