1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2019 »
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Type 1s: What stupid things have people said to you?

Discussion in 'Type 1 Diabetes' started by type1harley, Apr 28, 2014.

1. CarlyB

CarlyB Type 1 · Well-Known Member

(After telling my friend I'm diabetic)
    Wow! How is it the sportiest person I know is diabetic??? I thought it was just fat people that had it. What is going on with the world?

• Like Like x 2
  2. Bow's

Bow's Type 1 · Newbie

Just Saturday somebody said to me "so you're type 1 so you're alright them, it hasn't got to type 2 yet". What do you say to that?

• Like Like x 4
  3. therower

therower Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Not so much what was said but more of a reaction.
    I'm at work and it's injection time. I always inject at my locker which is out of the wayish, if you want to see me you can but I'm not in full view.
    Anyway it turns out a work colleague needs to ask me a question, can't find me on my machine so asks for my whereabouts. Is duly informed that I'm at my locker.
    So he comes a marching over to where I am totally unaware that I've got my Novo pen loaded and ready to go.
    His arrival coincides exactly with the moment I jab 6mm of cold hard steel in my arm.
    He squeals, I look and smile, he turns and says no no no then practically runs away.
    I know people have phobias, but please it's my arm and unless he's got the eyesight of a hawk he was never going to see the needle.
    I did laugh.:):):)

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  4. Flakey Bake

Flakey Bake Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Better a boob than heart muscle :)

• Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook