Type 2, 3 months now

rom35

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
try add 1km 30m after each meal (if possible) and check the BG 1h after meal. Please send here your measurement: before meal, 1h after meal and 2h after meal to get full picture of your reaction to your typical meal (is it dinner or lunch?)

Crocodile

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
I can't have it often
@valuator I found a small snack before bed fixed the morning highs. No guarantee it will work for you but worth a shot. Nothing big, I just have a few slices of ham and salami with a bit of cheese and tomato. I go to be quite late though. Usually around midnight with evening meal between 6pm and 7pm.
Glenn

valuator

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@Crocodile, I've been eating 1/2 cup of nuts or a small piece of cheese around 11pm.

Maybe I am just expecting too much too soon? I suppose an A1C average at the end of January of almost 13 mmol/L to the numbers I am seeing now (+/-7.5 first thing morning, 5 to 6.5 rest of day) is a small victory.

Crocodile

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
I can't have it often
@Crocodile, I've been eating 1/2 cup of nuts or a small piece of cheese around 11pm.

Maybe I am just expecting too much too soon? I suppose an A1C average at the end of January of almost 13 mmol/L to the numbers I am seeing now (+/-7.5 first thing morning, 5 to 6.5 rest of day) is a small victory.

That is pretty solid. My diagnosis HbA1C was 9.5 and it took a good many months to come down to 6.0 and a few more to get pre-meal readings in the 5s. I'm in the low 5s now most of the time before eating. It took over a year to get here though. I've lost 17 kg so I think that helped a lot.

Reactions: valuator

There is no Spoon

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Lunch at 12pm was scrambled eggs with turkey sausage accompanied by plain greek yogourt and berries
Hi Valuator,
Can't see anything wrong with what your eating but a suggestion that might help you get the better numbers your looking for would be one or the other.

I would consider your lunch to be 2 meals I do agree with both of your choices but I would not eat both as one meal.
Simple logic::bookworm:
  • Food in = energy = sugar.
  • More food in (larger portion) = more energy = more sugar.
If your not getting the numbers you want from what your eating try changing the amount.

I'm not suggesting your eating mountains of food but if scrambled eggs with turkey sausage is enough fuel to run you're body then adding greek yogourt and berries (berries = sugar even though it a small amount) could be what's tipping you over the edge in to the numbers you don't want. :banghead:

Small changes can bring big results. ;)
:bag:

Crocodile

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
I can't have it often
@valuator
May I ask if you are overweight. Losing extra kgs really makes a smashing difference.
Glenn

valuator

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I was about 217 pounds one year ago and now 195. Or rather about 97 down to 88 kilos. I am 37 and six feet tall. Family and friends have definitely noticed the difference! Goal is to lose another 10 kilos within the next 6 months.

Food quantity....I know one egg and two sausage links at 12pm won’t keep me from being hungry until next meal at 7pm....better to eat more at one meal or have a mid-afternoon snack?

Crocodile

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
I can't have it often
@valuator Well you're hardly a fatty boomsticks and sound like you're doing the right things. I'm the same height as you but older (61) and dropped to 89kg from 106kg. Everybody's different but I find as far as BG goes I'm better off sticking to the three main meals plus a small snack before bed. I do note that it took quite a while for my morning highs to come down. Maybe it's just a case of patience.

There is no Spoon

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Food quantity....I know one egg and two sausage links at 12pm won’t keep me from being hungry until next meal at 7pm....better to eat more at one meal or have a mid-afternoon snack?
There's noting wrong with being hungry.
It forces your body to break down fat to supply you with fuel.
On the understanding that you're blood sugars are not dropping and your not feeling any ill effects like fatigue then, if you want fast results this may be the way to go.

For me I not to bothered about fast results I prefer to reach a goal that is sustainable with the least amount of effort.
i.e it's easer to eat less than exercise more.

And there is a lot to be said for hitting a target that you can stick to if your happy with a slow but steady approach to dropping bg readings and loosening weight, what's wrong with that. It will take you a little bit longer to get there but your more likely to stay there when you do as it, has now become the new normal. ;)
:bag:

rom35

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

I eat only 3x a day. I have read in some study, that about 10 000 cycles over 7.7 can lead to health issues. So I don’t want to add to my heap of cycles before I was diagnosed and took my diabetes under control...

valuator

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
We I had a quarterly A1C test done this week. My DCCT % went from 9.7 when I started meds in January and joined the forum to 5.5% at present. I'm very pleased with that although I do consider there to be more work to be done.