Type 2 advice please

runner2009

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes
My readings have been quite high lately. 14.9 just now 3 hrs after food. My question is can I do anything or eat anything this will bring this down? Brisk walk maybe? I will be having dinner in about an hour and don't want it to go up. Thanks in advance.

If you are a new Type 2 often exercise can bring your BG down quickly. At first I could bring my BG down 10 to 20mm/DL if I did the following: 20 to 60 seconds of jumping jacks, followed quickly by 15 to 60 deep knee bends, then 10 to 60 wall pushups and finally 20 to 60 seconds of wall sits.

Of course now after a year and 1/2 that would only move 5mm/DLL

But I have other tricks up my sleeve like building muscle mass and eating LCHF diet basically no processed food including pasta cakes and bread

Lynn_L

Oh I thou I have to eat bread, rice, potatoes, cereal, pasta per day. I'm newly and don't know how but will see the nurse this Friday am which is my first appt.

This are the kind of food that you should really watch out. There are loaded with carb. It is to be taken in only very small portions. Your meter will be able to tell you how much your body can take.

Reactions: 2 people

Kezzer4321

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
My readings have been quite high lately. 14.9 just now 3 hrs after food. My question is can I do anything or eat anything this will bring this down? Brisk walk maybe? I will be having dinner in about an hour and don't want it to go up. Thanks in advance.
Hi Maeve,

Why don't you snack on high calories low carb things likes nuts or cheese as this would be much better for you than filling up on carbs which are definitely raising your bloods. You could also perhaps try some nut or seed based snacks such as 9Bars or something similar. That way you can keep your intake of calories up - whilst keeping your BS lower. Also depending on what you are eating, it might be worth increasing the fat intake, ie have butter on your veg or olive oil on your salad as I believe this can also slow down the impact on carbs...this may be stuff that your already doing.. but based on what I know - I don't think its good to go so high BS wise on a regular basis.

Snowy12

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Tuna,People spitting on the floor and ironing.
Oh I thou I have to eat bread, rice, potatoes, cereal, pasta per day. I'm newly and don't know how but will see the nurse this Friday am which is my first appt.
Hi I am newly diagnosed and am not eating pasta ect,I had learned the hard way with a lovely bowl of Alpen for my breakfast tested after 2hrs and my level was 13.5 I am still learning and you have come to the right place for help and guidance.
Keep Well Andrea.