Type 2 Type 2 and fasting bloods is 10.1

maxjoe121

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi I haven't been checking bs for a while now , checked it this morning and it's 10.1, I have had covid 2 weeks ago and been quite poorly, has anyone else got high bs after feeling ill , how do I get my bs lower , thanks everyone x

KK123

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi I haven't been checking bs for a while now , checked it this morning and it's 10.1, I have had covid 2 weeks ago and been quite poorly, has anyone else got high bs after feeling ill , how do I get my bs lower , thanks everyone x

Hi there, sorry if this sounds a little patronising but how do you know you haven't been in the 10s even before Covid? How often do you check? That's a problem for lots of people I know, not helped by medics telling type 2s they don't need to check. If they don't then they could end up constantly high without even knowing.

If I were you I would start checking regularly, keep a record of what you are eating and adjust if necessary, (what is a typical days food?), maybe go for a walk to try and lower it in the short term. x

Reactions: maxjoe121

maxjoe121

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi there, sorry if this sounds a little patronising but how do you know you haven't been in the 10s even before Covid? How often do you check? That's a problem for lots of people I know, not helped by medics telling type 2s they don't need to check. If they don't then they could end up constantly high without even knowing.

If I were you I would start checking regularly, keep a record of what you are eating and adjust if necessary, (what is a typical days food?), maybe go for a walk to try and lower it in the short term. x
Yes maybe I have been that for a while , just thought I'd get a bit of advice on here , am Im I on the wrong site as I apologise if I am as I don't know where to post

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Yes maybe I have been that for a while , just thought I'd get a bit of advice on here , am Im I on the wrong site as I apologise if I am as I don't know where to post
You're fine but obviously when we get ill many people's blood sugars go up but without monitoring you don't know.

TashT1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
It’s never too late to start regular testing and it’s absolutely possible that covid increased your levels.

Take as an opportunity to start over with regular testing, within a few days you will see whether you need to make other adjustments to get your levels within range.

Good luck

maxjoe121

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
It’s never too late to start regular testing and it’s absolutely possible that covid increased your levels.

Take as an opportunity to start over with regular testing, within a few days you will see whether you need to make other adjustments to get your levels within range.

Good luck
Thankyou i will

KK123

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin

Oh no, you are on absolutely the RIGHT site, ask as many questions as you want! x

Bittern

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
To answer your question if you are not already then start low carbing and take some exercise. If you are already low carbing test when you eat ie: before eating and at 1 hr and 2 hrs after. Carbs can creep in and, in my experience, you can become more sensitive to some previously "safe" foods over time. If you have recently put on weight then try to loose it.
Good luck