Type 2 and home laser removal tools

mummycaz

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Hi, Not sure if this is a weird question. I am thinking of getting a Philips Laser Hair removal product. Someone told me that if you have diabetes you cant use these? Has anyone else heard this or have had experience with using one of these machines? Want it for facial and other body hair. Mainly for my daughters wedding. Thanks everyone.

TriciaWs

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
The risk is from wounds that don't heal well if your blood sugars are too high.
I've been advised not to use the whirlpool/massage foot baths, and not to use various implements that might cause skin damage, ...
All, I understand, due to the risk of open wounds or skin damage that won't heal well. As my diabetes is in remission and my blood sugars always in the normal range this should not be an issue for me.
(I do have a risk from injuries to my feet as I have some non-diabetic peripheral neuropathy so don't always realise I've cut my feet and need to keep them clean.)

klogs17

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
They usually have a time to trial and send back option if you’re not happy. So testing an area is always the best way. Personally I don’t suffer from wounds not healing and my Lumea has not caused any skin damage (not even redness) but again that’s just me. I got mine before I knew I was T2.