1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2021 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Guest, stay home, stay safe, save the NHS. Stay up to date with information about keeping yourself and people around you safe here and GOV.UK: Coronavirus (COVID-19). Think you have symptoms? NHS 111 service is available here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Type 2 and home laser removal tools

Discussion in 'Ask A Question' started by mummycaz, Oct 23, 2021.

1. mummycaz

mummycaz Type 2 · Active Member

Hi, Not sure if this is a weird question. I am thinking of getting a Philips Laser Hair removal product. Someone told me that if you have diabetes you cant use these? Has anyone else heard this or have had experience with using one of these machines? Want it for facial and other body hair. Mainly for my daughters wedding. Thanks everyone.

2. TriciaWs

TriciaWs Type 2 (in remission!) · Well-Known Member

The risk is from wounds that don't heal well if your blood sugars are too high.
    I've been advised not to use the whirlpool/massage foot baths, and not to use various implements that might cause skin damage, ...
    All, I understand, due to the risk of open wounds or skin damage that won't heal well. As my diabetes is in remission and my blood sugars always in the normal range this should not be an issue for me.
    (I do have a risk from injuries to my feet as I have some non-diabetic peripheral neuropathy so don't always realise I've cut my feet and need to keep them clean.)

3. klogs17

klogs17 Type 2 · Well-Known Member

They usually have a time to trial and send back option if you’re not happy. So testing an area is always the best way. Personally I don’t suffer from wounds not healing and my Lumea has not caused any skin damage (not even redness) but again that’s just me. I got mine before I knew I was T2.

• Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook