type 2 but they still dont know

2808myles

Hello,i,m just back from seeing my Diabetic Nurse,thought i was going to see the consultant but got the info i have been looking for,funny thing is it,s been there for months but i wasn,t told.Anyway she told me i,m type 2 but with a you might not be the blood test they done was C-Peptide which was raised, and an Anti-Gad antibodies which is negative,my medication just now is 6units novomix morning and 4units novomix tea time,1000mg metformin in morning 500mg at lunch time 1000mg at tea time.As i said before they want me to stop insulin and take Glitziside and the same metformin,having not seen a consultant i told them i was not changing unless they admit me for monitering,which i was told no way so i am now waiting to see the consultant if he can fit me in to explain things and i take it persuade me to do what they say,looking for any advice any one can give me
thanks

hallii

Good for you, the consultant will have some answers, in the meantime if your current treatment is keeping your BGs under control stick with it.

It sounds like you might be one of the "not quite one thing or the other" diabetics, and that needs further testing, the consultant should do that and give you a proper answer.

The treatment might not change much though, the important thing is that your BGs are controlled, insulin is used for all sorts of diabetes, and so is Metformin. I would ask the consultant why you sholuld change if the meds you are on are working.

H