1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2022 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Type 2 (diet only for now)

Discussion in 'Ask A Question' started by Ange1a65, Jul 11, 2017.

1. Ange1a65

Ange1a65 Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Hi....sorry to ask but my nurse was not really helpful.
    I have to go for surgery soon and been told no food 12 hours before....but I do get high and low bloods especially around the 3am time.....i am so worried what to do as the anesthatis say this is something I have to try and get balanced..
    Sorry if I waffled or it has not come across well as got myself in a tiswas...
    Thanks in advance

2. satindoll

satindoll Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Hi @Ange1a65 ,
    I had a hip repair op done last September and had to fast the 12hrs before, this shouldn't be a problem for you as you are diet only, if like me you were on insulin that would be a different matter.
    People without diabetes have highs and lows throughout the day and night so the Anaesthetist should be well able to cope with your highs and lows......fret not.......here's wishing you well with your surgery .....:)

• Like Like x 1
  3. leslie10152

leslie10152 Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Hi @Ange1a65. You should get through this without mishap. Fingers crossed! Let us know how you went.:wideyed:

• Like Like x 1
  • Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook