Type 2 into remission

M

Member496333

My DN told me it was under 42 (pre diabetic levels).

My DN recently told me there was no such thing and that I will always have diabetes, despite not actually having diabetes. She's about as useful as an ashtray on a motorcycle, though. For me the only value now is free annual eye screening, but I guess I'll keep going back to the nurse to get my feet tickled once a year. Honestly I think my surgery gains financially by keeping me on the register.

Last edited by a moderator:

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
My GP insists I am no longer diabetic, but has coded me as "hyperglycemic, non diabetic". In other words, I am off the diabetes register but still have 6 monthly blood tests with an annual review with the nurse. I no longer get foot checks, but do have the annual eye screening.
My endo has left noted on my file to say if I reach reversal I'm to still have annual feet and eye checks. I'd insist anyway.
Still off one insulin but some nasty surprises. Must be pain and stress with a wayward liver hampering my progress. Still losing weight though, when no over 8s.

Reactions: Daphne917

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
My endo has left noted on my file to say if I reach reversal I'm to still have annual feet and eye checks. I'd insist anyway.
Still off one insulin but some nasty surprises. Must be pain and stress with a wayward liver hampering my progress. Still losing weight though, when no over 8s.
Your Endo sounds a bit out of touch then.. as "diabetes reversed" is not really used by the NHS any more.
It is meant if you were misdiagnosed in the first place which as all your trials and tribulations show is certainly not the case with you.