Not open for further replies.

eldergarth

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
marmite peanut butter
i have found a car park william the esplanade car park its a bit of a walk to station but its free blue badge parking just hope the river is not to high lol

Liam1955

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Anti-Gay People, Self Centre People, Two Faced People and Bad Language.
@eldergarth - Ron, that's exactly the car parking area that Richard told me to tell you about. And, it is only less than a 10 minute walk away from York Station too.
I have contacted Barbara @Diamum5972 about our meet up and also @mo53 who lives on the Coast - she will get back to me.
Did you contact @maureen5752 ? What was the outcome?
When Vicky gives us time of arrival from her train we could possibly set a time to meet? Oh, and then there is @Granny_grump_ and her Sister who happens to be a Type 1 and may well be coming.
When I hear from them or they may well post on this Thread?
I am out from 10.30am today until about 1pm'ish - off to get my Bloods done at GP Surgery, then nipping to the Supermarket for a few bits and pieces.
That car park area will not be flooded.
William:)

eldergarth

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
marmite peanut butter
@eldergarth - Ron, that's exactly the car parking area that Richard told me to tell you about. And, it is only less than a 10 minute walk away from York Station too.
I have contacted Barbara @Diamum5972 about our meet up and also @mo53 who lives on the Coast - she will get back to me.
Did you contact @maureen5752 ? What was the outcome?
When Vicky gives us time of arrival from her train we could possibly set a time to meet? Oh, and then there is @Granny_grump_ and her Sister who happens to be a Type 1 and may well be coming.
When I hear from them or they may well post on this Thread?
I am out from 10.30am today until about 1pm'ish - off to get my Bloods done at GP Surgery, then nipping to the Supermarket for a few bits and pieces.
looked on the york council web site for blue badge car parks william i think if we are travelling first thing it will take us about 1hr 30 because of traffic so we may leave early to miss traffic to be up there by 9am me and Tina could do a bit of site seeing before we meet up depending of coarse when vicky is arriving .
i did speak with Maureen and will speak with her again when we have finalised everything and if she would like to come then i can go and fetch her before we come up she only at sutton coalfield unless she can get transport to me
have just been told were shopping this morning as well:banghead:

Reactions: Granny_grump_

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Dishonesty lies and thieves and online Bullies!!!
Hi Liam1955 I'm going to look into trains and connections,I've driven to York but not for a while.
The car parks in York I'm unsure of I would need directions to where the best one is,I used to go to McArther Glen outlet park for free and bus it into York,unsure if you can still do that. When I have my final details I will let you know ASAP,have a nice day and take care. K

Liam1955

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
@eldergarth - Ron, don't forget to bring your camera with you! That is a very sensible idea that You and Tina are doing = avoid the Traffic.
I absolutely really loathe Food shopping with Richard!!! He has a list and sticks to it only getting what's on the list!!!

eldergarth

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
marmite peanut butter
talking from experience william i know how bad it does get up there especially when the river bursts its bank but hopefully the sun will be shining on us

Liam1955

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
@Granny_grump_ - Hi K :).
Not sure if that still happens at McArthur Glen?
But, R tells me as you leave the A64 for the approach to York, just before Tesco Stores there's a massive Park and Ride you cannot miss it. I think there may be a charge for fare?
I can find out what Junction is it and what this approach to York is, I believe it's a B number road? (I am not a driver) but R could plan your route for you?
Only getting bloods done to rule out if I have Gout in my Swollen Ankle - my GP says it isn't? But, it's still swollen after 7 - 8 weeks and slight pain whilst sleeping, but I can put my body weight on it. I tagged you for the Weigh-In Thread.
Yes, hope you all have a good day :).
Me :D:D

eldergarth

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
marmite peanut butter
@Granny_grump_ - Hi K :).
Not sure if that still happens at McArthur Glen?
But, R tells me as you leave the A64 for the approach to York, just before Tesco Stores there's a massive Park and Ride you cannot miss it. I think there may be a charge for fare?
I can find out what Junction is it and what this approach to York is, I believe it's a B number road? (I am not a driver) but R could plan your route for you?
Only getting bloods done to rule out if I have Gout in my Swollen Ankle - my GP says it isn't? But, it's still swollen after 7 - 8 weeks and slight pain whilst sleeping, but I can put my body weight on it. I tagged you for the Weigh-In Thread.
Yes, hope you all have a good day :).
Me :D:D
that reminds me william they were building the park & ride at the garden centre on the A59 Roman road is it finished yet? we could park there and get bus in if river is high

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Hi
that reminds me william they were building the park & ride at the garden centre on the A59 Roman road is it finished yet? we could park there and get bus in if river is high
Hi eldergarth the diabetic site is playing up again today cannot view thread from Liam 1955, has I explained to W I will probably come in by train once I have final details. But the earliest time of arrival in York is 12-06 lunch time with one change at Piccadilly.Don't feel confident in driving after cataract surgery left me unable to drive for 2 1/2 years,so it will probably be the train,has soon has you all let me have final details I can book ticket.
And where we are meeting up and who to look out for wouldn't be a bad thing not knowing any one of you,anyway will speak later today I too have shopping and things I need to get on with enjoy your day. K

Reactions: Liam1955

eldergarth

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
marmite peanut butter
Hi

Hi eldergarth the diabetic site is playing up again today cannot view thread from Liam 1955, has I explained to W I will probably come in by train once I have final details. But the earliest time of arrival in York is 12-06 lunch time with one change at Piccadilly.Don't feel confident in driving after cataract surgery left me unable to drive for 2 1/2 years,so it will probably be the train,has soon has you all let me have final details I can book ticket.
And where we are meeting up and who to look out for wouldn't be a bad thing not knowing any one of you,anyway will speak later today I too have shopping and things I need to get on with enjoy your day. K
hi K i have been having trouble with site all week its getting that popular i think it is starting to struggle with demand
my avatar is a recent pic of me so will have to look out for my ugly mug but remember to look down as will be sat in a wheelchair lol
i think the 28th will be the date and if your coming by train and so is vicky we can all meet at the train station
Ron

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
That would be great, I can book an advanced ticket for £37 .50 so it's a good deal but you have to get in quickly or they sell out. Will have your face burned into my brain assuming I have one left,so looking forward to seeing everyone. K

A

asparagusp

London to York is expensive but who knows! It's sounds a fantastic day out!

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
looked on the york council web site for blue badge car parks william i think if we are travelling first thing it will take us about 1hr 30 because of traffic so we may leave early to miss traffic to be up there by 9am me and Tina could do a bit of site seeing before we meet up depending of coarse when vicky is arriving .
i did speak with Maureen and will speak with her again when we have finalised everything and if she would like to come then i can go and fetch her before we come up she only at sutton coalfield unless she can get transport to me
have just been told were shopping this morning as well:banghead:
I think I arrive about 9am but will double check train times.

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Hi W just heard from my sister it's a yes so we will come in by train and if your meeting up at station let me have details eldergarth has said I should look for his ugly mug ha ha! And look down Has he will be in a wheelchair, so just let me have definite details and we will book,our tickets. Not familiar with York station so you will need to guide me to where you're all going to be. K

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
We are double checking details for the train hopefully will be able to let you know later this evening. K

Status
Not open for further replies.