Type 2 mood swing

Ange1a65

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I am in remission at the moment with go.meds but my family are saying my mood swings are getting bad as I appear to see red and snap a petty things and they said they are scares, therefore am really worried especially round the toddlers.....my question is could it be becusei have about to have a hyper or hypo episode...
Please help as I think I am going out of.my mind as I can't recall anything from my zone that I go in..
Thanks...very worrid

Sent from my SM-G950F using Diabetes.co.uk Forum mobile app

Indy51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Do you have a glucometer? If so, start measuring your BG at those times.

Being on a blood glucose roller coaster can really mess with people's heads. The first aim for any diabetic is to minimise extreme highs and lows. For Type 2's that is normally done by controlling the amount of dietary carbohydrate consumed.

Reactions: Butterfly1960

AloeSvea

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
I personally associate extreme bad and unhappy moods with the time I had an HBA1c of 93, and did not know it. So when I ate what was then my normal diet of processed food and fast food (especially just before diagnosis when I had very strong cravings), and high-sugar drinks I could get very very angry, you know, about two hours after I had eaten that frankenfood and washed it down with schweppes ginger ale :). Put a stressful situation on top of that - and - well. Less said the better.

Now, even though I still have blood glucose dysregulation, at an HBA1c of 44 - there is nothing like the bad temper and bad moods of those days when I didn't know I had T2D.

You say you are in remission - but you don't mean from T2D do you? As in your profile information you are on metformin, and folks with normal BG levels without meds aren't having hypos or hypers, but are functioning normally, as in neither dangerously high nor dangerously low. Mood swings for a diabetic (which you are?) are due to plain old uncontrolled blood glucose levels, as in way way too high. Aren't they?

Alison Campbell

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@Ange1a65, with a HBA1C of 31 I'm not sure that your mood swings are diabetes related. How was your surgery? Are you fully recovered.

You have reported waking up at 3am with night sweats and testing at 4, could this be the menopause? I only ask as my mother had really bad mood swings and poor memory around this time.

Please help as I think I am going out of.my mind as I can't recall anything from my zone that I go in..
Thanks...very worrid