Type 2 newbie

richard256

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Being on call
Hi all I'm 36 and just been diagnosed with type 2!! I've been given metformin 500mg tds. I work in a nursing home and luckily my fab nurse work mates have been checking my bm. My question is should I invest in my own machine even though I'm a wimp and hate it when they prick my finger!!
HI NO IDEA HOW THIS EMAIL THING WORKKS,SO DOUBT YOUU . WILL RECEIVE THIS MESSAGE,ANYWAY .JUST . TO. SAY HELLO.BEST REGARDS RICHARD

dumpy222

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Been to DN today!! She is adamant that I don't need a meter and that I don't need to count carbs that I need to adopt a healthy eating habit as everyone should!! Totally confused now!!

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

HazelD

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Hot weather
I was diagnosed in April, told to loose weight. I bought Carbs and Cals book and use this as my bible. I love the fact it gives portion sizes and I do weigh food but not all the time and I have lost nearly 3 stone. I was diagnosed with a fatty liver, don't drink so not sure how that happened...maybe was a little self inflicted as I have just read that drinking 3/4 cups of tea a day helps fatty liver...I stopped drinking tea Oct'12 only drinking water from then on. I did go through some horrible weeks with what I presume must have been withdrawl symptoms but since reading the information I am now back to drinking three cups of tea a day.
My liver was 534.... on my bloods this last week it was the only flagged result and is down to 153 which the Doc is pleased about.
I don't test bloods, asked about it and was told no requirement at the moment as I am doing so well. I am on 1 x 500gm metformin and diet. I will be 74 early in the new year. I went to the docs about an allergy rash on my lower arms, I didn't have any symptoms of diabetes, didn't feel ill, was shocked by the blood results but decided if I could manage a replacement knee and stage 1C ( discharged from both this year) could manage this new 'thing' but I do have more energy now.

jaishree1951

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi all I'm 36 and just been diagnosed with type 2!! I've been given metformin 500mg tds. I work in a nursing home and luckily my fab nurse work mates have been checking my bm. My question is should I invest in my own machine even though I'm a wimp and hate it when they prick my finger!!

jaishree1951

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
I was also metfrmin but it disturb stomack. Badly so I again come on Jjalra50 twice n Volix2 mg twice with meal