Type 2 on insulin

miahara

Type of diabetes
Type 3c
Treatment type
Insulin
I was T2, though now designated Type 3c and have been on insulin for a few years. Due to the insulin I no long need to adopt a low carb diet but I do need to count carbs in order to adjust my insulin accordingly. It's no big deal and I manage to maintain a pretty good glucose level most of the time.
I should prehaps add that I'm on muliple daily doses and inject for each meal as well as a single dose of long-acting insulin though I did start on single dose for a few months.

Reactions: Speedbird

Emerald_34

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Thankyou for your reply. I've been low carb for many years on and off and tried all the medications but suffered side effects. I find low carb definitely keeps the weight and sugars down. Unfortunately it appears I dont produce enough insulin now so I've gone onto insulin reluctantly. I feel so much better! As a result I want to stay on it . It's just the slow acting one and it makes a massive difference to my sugar levels but obviously with low carb as well I am interested to find out if anyone else has done this successfully.

Many thanks