Type 2 pm BG reading.

Detritus

Hi all. I have fasted since 11pm last night until 2pm today (15 hours). My BG was 4.1. I've never seen it that low. I feel fine.
Anyone got any advice? Is it good to let my body do this occasionally, say twice a week? Are there any bad effects apart from dizziness (I'm going to eat now though). It feels radical and like I'm achieving something but I don't want to make naive mistakes.. cheers all.

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi @Detritus

Your profile is incomplete, so it doesn't say what treatment method you are on.
If you go to your profile and complete the missing fields, then your type of diabetes will appear underneath your profile pic next to each post, and your medication (or lack of) will be visible in your profile so that people can know your situation and give a response that fits your situation.

At the moment it is really difficult to answer your question, since a reading of 4.1 mmol/l would mean different things to someone on insulin, or on a diet and exercise regime.

Reactions: Detritus

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi all. I have fasted since 11pm last night until 2pm today (15 hours). My BG was 4.1. I've never seen it that low. I feel fine.
Anyone got any advice? Is it good to let my body do this occasionally, say twice a week? Are there any bad effects apart from dizziness (I'm going to eat now though). It feels radical and like I'm achieving something but I don't want to make naive mistakes.. cheers all.
If you aren't taking any meds that can cause hypoglycaemia then you should be fine.. when fasting I've been down to 3.5 mmol/l with no ill effects (but only on the third day of a fast).

Detritus

Hi @Detritus

Your profile is incomplete, so it doesn't say what treatment method you are on.
If you go to your profile and complete the missing fields, then your type of diabetes will appear underneath your profile pic next to each post, and your medication (or lack of) will be visible in your profile so that people can know your situation and give a response that fits your situation.

At the moment it is really difficult to answer your question, since a reading of 4.1 mmol/l would mean different things to someone on insulin, or on a diet and exercise regime.
I've been trying to complete my profile but I can't through the app. I went on via Google but it keeps crashing. I'll keep trying

Reactions: Brunneria