Type 2 Type 2 problems

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Hey
I have been Type 2 for 7 years and the past 2 years have had great control. A1c around 6 each time.
The past couple days I have felt really off. I’m very thirsty, sweating but normal temperature, very lethargic and a bit light headed. After brekkie and all meds (Metformin, Sitigliptin and Iiragultide) sugars were at 12.4
I’m waiting on a call back from the GP’s but I’m thinking it almost sounds like Ketoaciditis or am I being dramatic?
Thanks
J x

Last edited:

luceeloo

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
I hope you get some answers from your GP.
For me, 12 seems to be the point where I really feel hyperglycemia. I feel thirsty, tired, and sweaty (but normal temperature like you). I can almost tell from the symptoms when I've gone above 12. There can be lots of reasons for a sudden increase, so it's always best to get it checked out.

HSSS

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hope you’re feeling better

Dka is unlikely (although possible) in type 2. Certain medications do make it more likely. Are you able to measure ketones? Remember if you eat low carb there will be low levels present naturally and safely due to nutritional ketosis but don’t ignore anything significant. Impending illness, infection etc can raise levels too.

Let us know how you get on following the call with the dr

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
have you recently had covid jab? Some people are reporting high numbers after for several days if not more