type 2/sciatica/diarrhea/fed up

Enclave

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
The wife gets sciatica, and will not take painkillers as they affect her tummy. Years ago she went on a pain management course and it works for her. When her sciatica flairs u she will have a day of extreme pain while she gets her head into the right place .. then with a mix of tried and tested ways for her to push the risk back and telling her head the pain is not needed anymore .. she is able to still function and live with the pain. Fear of the pain can make things more painful. I would ask if your local area run any pain management course they will help in taking control of the overriding pain.
But I must add use a bit of common sense with pain relief management .. the wife fell over and hurt her arm and wrist .. used her pain management thing .. 5 weeks later she was in hospital getting her arm sorted out .. she ignored the fact her arm was painful and not sprained it was broken in several places ..

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Yes the brain is a powerful organ.
It can work for you or against you. I still get chest pains when not covered by tramadol.
I'm more inclined to ignore it now as angiogram showed no problems. I know not common sense and anyone reading do not do the same.
I think some of my pains are due to tramadol and how it works with the brain.
I may need to experiment with reducing it slowly and trying to ignore the pains the tablets associate from the tablet.
Somedays I feel I've been trampled on my 2 horses. I hurt everywhere.
I'm wondering how much is that from tramadol. Chest pains were happening before tramadol. Co-codamol and codeine blocked me up so much I had more back pain. I've lost 2stones since then and pain on some occasions are worse. Wobbly legs and feet make me very unsteady at times. Windy days are a no go area now for me.

Thankyou @Enclave for your wisdom. A huge help.

Reactions: tina_marie