type 2 with low thyroid and severe M.E and medication

Manxie

hi everyone i wondered if anyone else with low thyroid or with M.E had any advice what medication they could cope with ??

I am housebound and often bedbound and have problems walking due to neurological symptoms in my legs although docs dont know if its the diabetes or not

I have been coping pretty well on a low carb diet and 1 500mg glucophage a day.this brought my Hb 1 to about 7-7.5

Everyoes been happy enough with that and i was copign ok

howver for the last month or more say several weeks my fasting sugars have increased from 7s to 8.8 and even 9s some morning.thishas co incided with me having to move out of my home for much needed refurbishments and staying in a noisy bedsit

I put the increase in my numbers down to stress.I am now home although I have several boxes and things to unpack and rehome after clearing them for painting.So Im still not stress free

Recently I also discovered my thyroid has shot down and Ive just started extra thyroxine to cope with this.

Manxie

I am not sure if the increase in my blood sugars are related to thyroid going down or not either

anyways my problem is they want me to increase my Glucophage to help lower my sugars.

I have tried and tried this several times over the last 3 yrs but always results in severe watery diarrhea.Gp refused to believe it was the Glucophage and told me to put up with it

In the ned i refused and tied low carb to get my suagrs down which helped a lot but at the moment even a no carb mean is making my sugars go up

Id liek to try another medicine maybe but no idea what is best for me.Gps dont ever discuss the diabetes with me and say only follw NICE guidelines.Im not meant to have a lot of the meds because i am so very ill dont eat well and am alone a lot so am at risk or hypos as i cant get out of bed by myself

I thought maybe try Prandin as I can monitor or take whilst someone is giving me my meal.is this less likely to cause any sideeffects thank you ??

Andy12345

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Doctors
hi, im sorry i have no knowledge of the medical stuff, im sorry you are so poorly :( and the medics dont sound like they are looking after you so well :(

im sorry this is such a useless reply but i hope someone else comes along with advice, i wish you all the best and hope things get sorted out for you very soon

good luck

Andy

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App