Type 2

eldergarth

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
marmite peanut butter
I have been using Metformin for 3weeks now and still get terrible headaches. Is this normal ? Thanks
Some do get side affects to metformin if it does persist ask your doc for the slow release type
How many are you taking ?

eldergarth

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
marmite peanut butter
1 after lunch..1 after dinner
OK that seems a little strange I would of thought it would be 1 at breakfast and 1 at dinner
Did you start on 1 a day for a week then increased it to 2 a day

slash_7

Type of diabetes
Type 2
I was on that and gave me terrible diarrhoea! No headaches though, I'm now on glyclazide which is so much better

A

asparagusp

I think Metformin is a safer drug than Gliclazide which also can have side effects. Speak with your medic and ask for extended release Metformin instead which should lesson the side effects. Take your medication always with food.

eldergarth

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
marmite peanut butter
I was on that and gave me terrible diarrhoea! No headaches though, I'm now on glyclazide which is so much better
I was on glyclazide until doc took me of them because of all the hypos I was having doc said its one of the side affects

dbr10

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I think Metformin is a safer drug than Gliclazide which also can have side effects. Speak with your medic and ask for extended release Metformin instead which should lesson the side effects. Take your medication always with food.
Good advice