Type 2's: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning?

Status
Not open for further replies.

NoCrbs4Me

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Vegetables
I know BMI is an oft-derided measure but looking at your sig maybe you have some more weight to lose despite a good HbA1c?
Maybe. Some of my friends already think I'm too thin, but I could probably stand to lose a bit more off my belly. I'm not really too worried about my BMI with respect to my health. I've been doing a lot of weight lifting and running in the last five months, so I've put on some muscle. I am in the best physical shape of my life right now. I eat non-processed nutrient dense fresh food. My blood work is all in the normal range. I get good sleep. I'll probably lose some weight over the summer, but I'm not going to stress about it much if I don't. Besides, if there's a famine here I want to be prepared.

Reactions: 12 people

vit90

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Maybe. Some of my friends already think I'm too thin, but I could probably stand to lose a bit more off my belly. I'm not really too worried about my BMI with respect to my health. I've been doing a lot of weight lifting and running in the last five months, so I've put on some muscle. I am in the best physical shape of my life right now. I eat non-processed nutrient dense fresh food. My blood work is all in the normal range. I get good sleep. I'll probably lose some weight over the summer, but I'm not going to stress about it much if I don't. Besides, if there's a famine here I want to be prepared.

I think I am too thin but my part-Asian genes may mean that despite nearly down to a BMI of 23 I may still need to lose another 9-10 pounds :(

Reactions: 4 people

NoCrbs4Me

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Vegetables
I think I am too thin but my part-Asian genes may mean that despite nearly down to a BMI of 23 I may still need to lose another 9-10 pounds :(
There may be an ideal weight for optimal health, but there's probably no way to know what it is for any particular person. I know lots of thin people who eat processed factory food, don't exercise, and don't get enough sleep, yet think they are healthy because they are not fat. If you find you are starving yourself to get to or maintain a weight goal, it's probably not a healthy way to live.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 16 people

Daphne917

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Didn't test yesterday morning as jabbed 3 different fingers and still no blood but 5.1 this morning - despite the popcorn I had last night!

Reactions: 19 people

vit90

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
There may be an ideal weight for optimal health, but there's probably no way to know what it is for any particular person. I know lots of thin people who eat processed factory food, don't exercise, and don't get enough sleep, yet think they are healthy because they are not fat. If you find you are starving yourself to get to or maintain a weight goal, it's probably not a healthy way to live.

Others have had to go to a BMI of 21 or lower to get T2 remission. I'm just over 74kg and my BMI is just over 23 but even at 70kg my BMI will only be 21.8 and still on the right side of the 'normal' range. Certainly once (if) I can get some kind of remission I will be working to build up muscle - mostly middle and upper body; legs are OK! :)

Reactions: 4 people

orchid5

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Staying in the 7's today, a little concerned as on sr metformin now but a gram less than before!

Reactions: 15 people

Susikav

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Diabetes and ulcerative colitis.... :) Rude people... Violence.... and the amount of time I spend away from my beautiful family in the UK...
5.6 this morning... better.. :)

Reactions: 23 people

phil1966

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
A nice steady 5.2 this morning as I continue to experiment to find my ideal maintenance diet.

Reactions: 22 people

emptyplate

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Other
6.4 mmol / L this morning.
5.3 mmol / L at bed time.

Good sleep from before midnight but, a bit heavy on the carbs yesterday - 91g. Extra carbs to hopefully increase leptin prior to today's fast.

Reactions: 22 people

PatsyB

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes
8.4 today ...a little lower, sun is shining so hope all will have a great day :)

Reactions: 21 people
Status
Not open for further replies.