Type 2's: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Croc

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Sea filth!

My readings have all gone to poo in the last week or so.

Reactions: 17 people

BooJewels

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
You were poorly recently though weren't you Croc, that would explain it.

I had an astonishing 6.5 this morning, I'm usually around 8.2. Was 7.5 at bedtime.

Reactions: 16 people

JohnD54

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Rice

My readings have all gone to poo in the last week or so.
Croc, same diet / exercise? For myself if I get higher than MY normal readings it's usually a traceable reason, normally diet.

Reactions: 9 people

oldman1954

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
people who dont signal when they are turning left or right.
Morning all 6.4 this sunny morn ,

Reactions: 18 people

Baruney

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
FBG 75 mg/dl or 4.16 mmoles/l and Ketones 4.0 mmoles/l Before bedtime 83 mg/dl or 4.61 mmoles/l and Ketones 3.5 mmoles/l
Hola Pasha

Nice high ketones there. Are you doing anything extra at the moment or just being your consistent self?

Reactions: 7 people

Croc

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Sea filth!
Nothings changed diet wise. The only thing I can think of is that going back to work this week after 2 weeks off has been very stressful. I walked in to a complete mess which took me three days to sort out,

Still a day off today whilst I have my retinal screening.

Reactions: 2 people

Baruney

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning campers

I'm with @Croc on the readings at the mo.

8.0 fasting after 6.2 post lunch Yeasterday. Major digression on monday night but set off on the right foot again Tuesday and Wednesday. Seems my bs don't know there left from their rights!

That's the only thing I can trace it back too. Was very strict in recording food yesterday and will continue today. Exercise was 8 mile run on Tuesday, rest day yesterday and a 10 miler scheduled for later.

Did actually drop my meter on the kitchen floor to a resounding cracking but would be clutching at straws to say that's the reason why. Might do a side by side test with another meter after lunch or dinner.

Reactions: 14 people

Pasha

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Good morning all on this sunny morning :)

4.0 this morning (04/06/15)

You know even though I am confident that my result will be acceptable I still get excited while waiting for my meter to count down to the reading. Then pleased when it is ok. Gives me a boost to start the day. :)

You are not alone Jim, if the reading is good I smile, if its less good I smile and say to myself and think 'tomorrow is another day"

Reactions: 9 people

Pasha

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Hola Pasha

Nice high ketones there. Are you doing anything extra at the moment or just being your consistent self?

Made one change , cut proteins from 104 grams/day to 84 grams/day, dats wot dunnit I fink.

Reactions: 3 people

Merrylizard1314

FBG 75 mg/dl or 4.16 mmoles/l and Ketones 4.0 mmoles/l Before bedtime 83 mg/dl or 4.61 mmoles/l and Ketones 3.5 mmoles/l

Are you still measuring, in the old way, or are you doing something new now, @Pasha dear?
I ask, because , try as hard as I might, I can only ever get my ketones to register 1.9 , or 2.
And you've been out to dinner, too.
When I went out to dinner, I just had the cream, not the gooey dessert , but now I think it may have been sweetened, after all.
And it takes effort to get into ketosis and not much to get out of it. So, what is the secret?

Reactions: 4 people

loulou99782

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Nothings changed diet wise. The only thing I can think of is that going back to work this week after 2 weeks off has been very stressful. I walked in to a complete mess which took me three days to sort out,

Still a day off today whilst I have my retinal screening.
Sounds like what I will find on Saturday when I go back to work. I have got my screening on Tuesday were are you going for yours

Reactions: 2 people

Merrylizard1314

Lovely, I've seen your reply to @Baruney, and am just now about to have dinner. So, I cut 20percent from the salmon fillet, and have the usual salad of sorrel, spinach cucumber and olives and hope for improvement?
Before dinner BGL 4.7

Tim55

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Rap and hip - hop
Morning all

6.5 for me today - that's a bit higher than i have got used to.

Clutching at straws here - I forgot to put the bin out last night so dived out of bed to do so before testing...

Reactions: 15 people

Pasha

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Are you still measuring, in the old way, or are you doing something new now, @Pasha dear?
I ask, because , try as hard as I might, I can only ever get my ketones to register 1.9 , or 2.
And you've been out to dinner, too.
When I went out to dinner, I just had the cream, not the gooey dessert , but now I think it may have been sweetened, after all.
And it takes effort to get into ketosis and not much to get out of it. So, what is the secret?

No real secret I think.Low carbohydrates 21grams, medium proteins,84 grams, fat/oil even down to 140 grams ie if you do the calculation those = 1680 calories distribution 5% c 20% p 75% f. No snacks etc. Apart from diet, Its possible that our genes influence our results. Oh yes, no desserts and no cheat meals really.Hope this helps, Merrylizzard.
P.S BK of 1.9-2.0 is very good the ideal range is 1.5....3.0 and it said that there is no advantage gained from getting higher values. See Finney and Volek , "The art and science of low carb". ie you are doing just fine.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 6 people

IzzieS

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Loud noises; disrespectful people; fireworks
6.2 That's my lowest reading yet for the morning. Last night was 6.1 so had a couple of oat cakes before bed. Tried popcorn and didn't spike, so will try that again!

Reactions: 19 people

Baruney

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
No real secret I think.Low carbohydrates 21grams, medium proteins,84 grams, fat/oil even down to 140 grams ie if you do the calculation those = 1680 calories distribution 5% c 20% p 75% f. No snacks etc. Apart from diet, Its possible that our genes influence our results. Oh yes, no desserts and no cheat meals really.Hope this helps, Merrylizzard.
P.S BK of 1.9-2.0 is very good the ideal range is 1.5....3.0 and it said that there is no advantage gained from getting higher values. See Finney and Volek , "The art and science of low carb". ie you are doing just fine.
Hola Pasha

You are the model of consistency!..and reason!

Do you exercise as well or is it just D + G? ..as oppose to G+T - now we're talking!

Gezzabelle

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
A magnificent 4.6 this morning.....after a brilliant days numbers trying different foods yesterday :D

Reactions: 22 people
Status
Not open for further replies.