Type 2's: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ruth B

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
7.2 yesterday and today. Seems my body has decided that the 7s are the level to be and panics if it gets into the 5s, looks like it has some learning to do.

Reactions: 2 people

cold ethyl

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
5.8 after a shocking night so happy with that. Do any other ladies of a certain age have any tips for the hot flashes and night sweats? I'm high risk so can't have HRT but dint think I can stand another night like last night, let alone years of it.

peacetrain

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
5.8 after a shocking night so happy with that. Do any other ladies of a certain age have any tips for the hot flashes and night sweats? I'm high risk so can't have HRT but dint think I can stand another night like last night, let alone years of it.
I'm sorry I can't help. I never suffered physically. However, I was off work for most of 2008 with a mental breakdown. I've only had a Handful of days off since then. Some of my colleagues at work suffer and I know they have their windows wide open. Perhaps keep a flask of iced water by your bed? Drink or cold compress/water bottle? Hope someone comes along soon to help.

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

cold ethyl

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Sorry about your breakdown. I can relate to that as my anxiety has gone through the roof with it and I'm waiting for more CBT support. I just feel what with the diabetes, and this, that my body has let me down . My BP is up and the GP says try and relax and enjoy life but I feel ragged. I'll try the iced water. I think I'm probably not drinking enough to compensate for the humid weather and lo carbing as I just felt fluey and shaky all last night.

peacetrain

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Sorry about your breakdown. I can relate to that as my anxiety has gone through the roof with it and I'm waiting for more CBT support. I just feel what with the diabetes, and this, that my body has let me down . My BP is up and the GP says try and relax and enjoy life but I feel ragged. I'll try the iced water. I think I'm probably not drinking enough to compensate for the humid weather and lo carbing as I just felt fluey and shaky all last night.
I think I may have mentioned before. My daughter suffers a lot with anxiety. I've suggested she looks into a "mindfulness" course. There's been a lot about it in the media recently and some can get it on prescription. Meditation techniques I think. Worth a try.
Take care.

Reactions: 4 people

cold ethyl

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Yes, junior did one for his anxiety and it helped. I will have a look online later when I catch up with all the things I should have got out of bed two hours ago to do.

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
3.8 for me. Very much in my personal range.

Last night we ate late, and ate out, as we were both tired after a hot day here. In the end, we settled on a local grill house, but by then just wanted food, as opposed to gastronomy. We both had the house cheese burger, and the OH had fries with his. I ate half of my bun. It was more that I didn't want the other half than limiting myself. The burger tasted like it had breadcrumbs in it, which was disappointing. To get over that, I stole a few chips from Mr Breathe's plate. Before eating 4.0. I had undoubtedly had a liver dump before, but no idea if I was rising or falling by then, and 4.3 2 hours after eating. By then, I had to go to bed.

The food was mildly disappointing, but the score after, happier.

sunspots

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
5.8 hooray! LCHF is working.

Reactions: 7 people

Debmcgee

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only

What is going on??!!

Diagnosed prediabetic Easter 2014. Just left to get on with it, no guidance or help from GP. Every day I'm learning something new.

lunarlinda

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Injustice, discrimination, greed, selfishness, WAR
5.1 for me at 5-45. I'm happy to stay in the 5's, 'cos on Saturday late afternoon, I did a reading (don't normally), and it was 4.3. You may go yey, good figure, but I felt absolutely dreadful.

Maybe some of us shouldnt go too low that we feel ill. I know some people post figures like that all the time and feel fine, but if I can stay in the 5's for my fasting test, I'm more than happy with that, even 5.9, it's still in the 5's.

Reactions: 7 people

lunarlinda

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes

What is going on??!!

Diagnosed prediabetic Easter 2014. Just left to get on with it, no guidance or help from GP. Every day I'm learning something new.
Are you eating peanut butter or nuts or cheese or something as you go to bed? Doing that seems to work for a few of us Deb. xx

peacetrain

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
5.1 for me at 5-45. I'm happy to stay in the 5's, 'cos on Saturday late afternoon, I did a reading (don't normally), and it was 4.3. You may go yey, good figure, but I felt absolutely dreadful.

Maybe some of us shouldnt go too low that we feel ill. I know some people post figures like that all the time and feel fine, but if I can stay in the 5's for my fasting test, I'm more than happy with that, even 5.9, it's still in the 5's.
I posted elsewhere about this last night. I feel dizzy once I'm 5 or under. I think we all have our own threshold. At 10 pm last night I was 4.7. I ate some cheese and a small piece of 85% chocolate just before midnight and I was 5.5 before I went to bed at 01:20.

Woke at 6am and tested at 6:30

5.4 and I'm happy with that

Reactions: 4 people

lunarlinda

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Hi Peacetrain, yeah, I look at some peoples' figures in the 3's and low 4's and wonder how they manage to function on those figures?

It's just reminded me this morning, of females trying to get to be a size zero. Is this too a progression where people want to aim for a figure in the 1's? How low can we go?

I'm happy in the 5's. That stops me fretting too much as it's an achievable figure I think, and I feel ill in the 4's. Simples.

:D xx

Debmcgee

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Did it again. 6.1.

Very strange. Still would prefer 5s

Debmcgee

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Are you eating peanut butter or nuts or cheese or something as you go to bed? Doing that seems to work for a few of us Deb. xx
I had a few almonds before bed x

lunarlinda

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Oh, well I eat a large teaspoonful of peanut butter, don't always want it, but I think it does keep the liver dump at bay? I may be wrong. I'm just thankful to Brunnaria for doing the experiments, as she ate cheese strings but I couldn't do that.

Anyway, I think it's hard for us with no medication to regulate as we have nothing to take to offset our figures. I got my diagnosis when they'd tested my fasting blood, so that's the figure we have very little control over, we can't stop our natural D P, but the snack just before bed, IMO, is a very good idea, it's working for me. xx

peacetrain

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi Peacetrain, yeah, I look at some peoples' figures in the 3's and low 4's and wonder how they manage to function on those figures?

It's just reminded me this morning, of females trying to get to be a size zero. Is this too a progression where people want to aim for a figure in the 1's? How low can we go?

I'm happy in the 5's. That stops me fretting too much as it's an achievable figure I think, and I feel ill in the 4's. Simples.

:D xx
Yes. I even felt light headed at 5.4 this morning. Some people are naturally lower I think. :)

Debmcgee

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Oh, well I eat a large teaspoonful of peanut butter, don't always want it, but I think it does keep the liver dump at bay? I may be wrong. I'm just thankful to Brunnaria for doing the experiments, as she ate cheese strings but I couldn't do that.

Anyway, I think it's hard for us with no medication to regulate as we have nothing to take to offset our figures. I got my diagnosis when they'd tested my fasting blood, so that's the figure we have very little control over, we can't stop our natural D P, but the snack just before bed, IMO, is a very good idea, it's working for me. xx
Same here!!

Status
Not open for further replies.