Type 2's: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning?

Status
Not open for further replies.

pavlosn

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
4,9 this morning
ImageUploadedByDCUK Forum1413868509.924001.jpg

Pavlos

Reactions: 8 people

pavlosn

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
10.2 bit high
Your right but you would not have thought so a couple of months ago. You are improving steadily and your expectations have adjusted accordingly.

Have a nice day

Pavlos

Reactions: 4 people

Patricia21

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Animal crualty
6.3 this morning,good readings Bluetit,I go for my fasting blood test at 10am no dout it will have gone up by then.

Reactions: 3 people

MsVelvet

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
7.1 this morning, up a little, but I have a cold....grrr.

Went to the dietician today, I have lost another 1.7 kg (3.75 lbs) which I will happily take. She perused my food record (I lied a couple of times and added more carbs because she likes carbs). She wants me to replace cream with diet yoghurt and add more fruit ie apples and oranges. She thinks I am not eating enough during the day and wants me to add more yoghurt.

Hmmmmm, sticking with LCHF and will up the protein to increase calories. I can't bring myself to add more carbs, nor grains. I see her again in 2 weeks.

PatsyB

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes
5.4 this am and always have my breakfast when i get up as always starving....never used to eat breakfast now I love it :)

alliebee

Think my nasty 11 this morning was caused by a bowl of chocolate mug cake with cream...am cross with myself. I so fancied a treat. Guess it put my carbs just a bit too high :(

sanguine

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Intolerance, career politicians, reality TV and so-called celebrity culture, mobile phones in the quiet carriage.

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Think my nasty 11 this morning was caused by a bowl of chocolate mug cake with cream...am cross with myself. I so fancied a treat. Guess it put my carbs just a bit too high :(

Did you retest it Allie, as it seems quite a hike, bearing in mind your decreases of late. How many carbs were in the cake, and what did that take you to?

alliebee

I was 7.2 after my supper 2 hrs. Then had almond mug cake with a dollop of extra thick cream on..I never tested for that as I've had it before...but I also had a bad night with pain so it could be that

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I was 7.2 after my supper 2 hrs. Then had almond mug cake with a dollop of extra thick cream on..I never tested for that as I've had it before...but I also had a bad night with pain so it could be that

As a one-off, I'd write it down to "interesting, but so far, meaningless", until you tried it again, ideally without the pain..........:(

Reactions: 5 people

kimbo1962

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I was intending making some of that today to try.....I got coconut flour though as my local Holland and barret didn't have almond flour!!

Reactions: 2 people

kimbo1962

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Spot on 5 again for me.....day off again, homemade chicken and leek soup in the slow cooker for later, day in away from the gales and rain, just littering around with a bit of dancing around to my music!

Reactions: 7 people

cold ethyl

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
5.6 today. I need to go shopping later so hope the rain lashing against my bedroom window knocks off.

Status
Not open for further replies.