Type 2's: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning?

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Sable_Jan

Think I'm up on all my replies now. Its hard enough to keep track on the laptop when posting replies but even worse on the phone app - hence jus the "likes" normally until I'm on here.

Today
Woke at 5.2
5.3 before late breakfast (ate out)
+ 2 hrs 6.9 but did have a slice of white toast and a half slice of fried bread (usually a brown option for toast and the fried)
6.4 before tea (no dinner due to late brekky but probs on the way up from large banana snack - healthiest thing my daughter had in as I was babysitting
+ 2 hours surprised me at 5.5 - nicely surprised
bedtime (+ ano 2 hrs) 5.9 - mayb the 2 squares of 70% cocoa chocolate - which I realised being foreign brand put 25% carbs then sugars separately (I think)

Night all, sleep well and all the best for good fasting bs in the morning
Jan

Reactions: 20 people

MsVelvet

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
6.4 this morning. I think *I am going to go out for breakfast. Happy Sunday everyone!

Reactions: 20 people

pavlosn

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
It's 6:00 am currently and still dark and eerily quiet out there but I have been up for a couple of hours now.

I was 5,3 mmol on waking up.

Can't bring myself to eat anything this early, so wonder if I will end up with a liver dump before breakfast.

Invited to lunch at a village near Larnaca today so that will make a nice day out with weather expected to remain fair and temperatures expected to reach 21 degrees centigrade.

ImageUploadedByDCUK Forum1417925468.714293.jpg

ImageUploadedByDCUK Forum1417925602.245086.jpg

ImageUploadedByDCUK Forum1417925863.510228.jpg

Just why this makes it poor for walking the dog according to this app, I do not know, but it sure is a relief that the risk of hair frizz is only moderate:) lol.

Alas poor prospect for much skiing

Pavlos

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 14 people

Pasha

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
paviosn said "Can't bring myself to eat anything this early,.................." the only time in my entire life that I felt like this was when I had food poisioning, otherwise it could NEVER happen. Good or bad, I dont know.

Reactions: 11 people
S

Sable_Jan

It's 6:00 am and currently and still dark and eerily quiet out there but I have been up for a couple of hours now.

I was 5,3 mmol on waking up.

Can't bring myself to eat anything this early, so wonder if I will end up with a liver dump before breakfast.

Invited to lunch at a village near Larnaca today so that will make a nice day out with weather expected to remain fair and temperatures expected to reach 21 degrees centigrade.

View attachment 8991

View attachment 8992

View attachment 8993

Just why this makes it poor for walking the dog according to this app, I do not know, but it sure is a relief that the risk of hair frizz is only moderate:) lol.

Alas poor prospect for much skiing

Pavlos

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App
If the app is referring to daytime temps as opposed to the 10℃ currently shown will be too hot later for poor doggies. 4:40 am could eat a horse but going back to sleep now ;-)

Reactions: 8 people

kimbo1962

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
5.3 here for me after going to bed on 4.7, another day yesterday of no higher than 5.5 and my lowest pre dinner to date of 4.2!
Temperature wise here today we are showing 7 degrees but a "real feel" of -2, not as icy as yesterday which was 3 degrees high with a "real feel" of -6, seaside in the winter!! Windy today too so guess that kept the frost away

Reactions: 19 people

Nuthead

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
5.5 this morning
5.0 last night.
I'm not complaining but ????. Lowest I've ever been at night and on waking.
smiley-face-cheer.gif

Reactions: 17 people

Nuthead

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
5.5 this morning
5.0 last night.
I'm not complaining but ????. Lowest I've ever been at night and on waking.
Keep cheering nuthead !!
Must be the booze. But not MUCH booze. Still scratching my head but only and getting lots of splinters ?:D

Reactions: 12 people

Mike d

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
idiots who will not learn
5.4 B4 dinner with a 20 minute walk. 5.5 at one hour after 100 driveway laps. I'll be good at 2 hours ... I know it :)

Well done you guys :)

Reactions: 18 people

daisy1

Legend
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Cruelty towards animals.
7.9 this morning. Not pleased. Got up later this morning so maybe that's it. Had a greek yoghurt with cinnamon for breakfast so hopefully at 2 hours it will be better if I remember to do a test. Cold and still (the weather, not me) and snow is forecast for tomorrow :mad:

Reactions: 14 people
Status
Not open for further replies.