Type 2's: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kimbo1962

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
5.5 this morning - pleased as had main meal at 4pm before my 2nd 5-10 pm shift last night, I tested when I got in at 10.30pm and was 5.9, but had just walked home. I had a cold black farmers and a square of cheese before bed.
Second night at the centre was good, I was supposed to be shadowing a case worker again Monday but the centre manager popped in and told me due to such good feedback from my first night to scrap Monday and from my next shift Wednesday I will be on duty case worker! How did that happen?!
Had a pool competition with the residents last night, I lost but it was fun to interact with the guys!

Reactions: 18 people

eddie1968

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Pasta, sorry to me it's vile, yeuch lol (and full of nasty carbs)
Oho, 11.6!!! Then realised I forgot to take my insulin again last night :headbang: at least I don't have work to bother meths week so I can focus on getting back in a routine
"meths week" lol, some kind of substance abuse issue going on here ? lol :D Or is it those hyperglycaemic meter melting readings making you delirious ? rofl :p

Reactions: 6 people

Kezzer4321

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
5.2 this morning up really late but loving my new lower fasting readings. Not sure what I have done to achieve this, but hoping they remain as they set me up for a good day. Just had my breakfast at lunchtime, so I'm behind on all my chores now. Will go and get dressed shortly and start my day.... Hope you all have a good one

Reactions: 16 people

eddie1968

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
5.2 this morning up really late but loving my new lower fasting readings. Not sure what I have done to achieve this, but hoping they remain as they set me up for a good day. Just had my breakfast at lunchtime, so I'm behind on all my chores now. Will go and get dressed shortly and start my day.... Hope you all have a good one
5.2 is a good reading Kezzer, keep up the good work ! :)

eddie1968

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
5.5 this morning - pleased as had main meal at 4pm before my 2nd 5-10 pm shift last night, I tested when I got in at 10.30pm and was 5.9, but had just walked home. I had a cold black farmers and a square of cheese before bed.
Second night at the centre was good, I was supposed to be shadowing a case worker again Monday but the centre manager popped in and told me due to such good feedback from my first night to scrap Monday and from my next shift Wednesday I will be on duty case worker! How did that happen?!
Had a pool competition with the residents last night, I lost but it was fun to interact with the guys!
Well done Kim and that's you off meds, wow, pat on back ! :)

S

Sable_Jan

Clearly, I have no idea what "VERY naughty" means to you, but you're sailing pretty close to the wind there:

View attachment 11172

I know you've had an excellent set of results, but it might be kinder to your system to let it settle there for a little while, before testing the potentially revolving door?

(Clearly none of my business, just concerned, bearing in mind how much you hated where you were before.)
I refer back to this table quite often but not sure how preprandial at breakfast / fasting fits together. I've never seen a fasting guide to what ideal bs levels should be. Does anyone know if there's a specific figure given anywhere

Reactions: 4 people

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I refer back to this table quite often but not sure how preprandial at breakfast / fasting fits together. I've never seen a fasting guide to what ideal bs levels should be. Does anyone know if there's a specific figure given anywhere

Fasting is the same as pre-prandial generally speaking.

beatdise

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Gym workouts
Obviously, it's entirely up to you how you handle this, but if you do want to experiment with food, that's fine, but it might have been kinder to have stuck to 1 or 2 of the heavy carb foods at any time for now. Where were you postprandial readings after that lot?
@AndBreathe I am just mucking about a bit at the moment...but behind it I am deadly seriously about where I want to remain and where I want to get to...all advice accepted in the spirit in which is intended and helps me to make better informed decisions...Didn't check after dinner to be honest. The slice of cake was with a cup of lemon and cinnamon tea at about 11.00.pm When I checked at a little after midnight before sleep it was 5.6. Back to 5.2 this morning after my scrambled egg, slice of toasted Burgen, and half a tin of tomatoes.

Reactions: 17 people

beatdise

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Gym workouts
I hasten to add before my food I had been to the gym where I did a 1 mile jog non stop at 5 mph, 5 miles on the bike at 95rpm level 2 and 500 metres on the rowing machine which took me 3 and half minutes and a 30 minute stretching session on my hard foam roller...

Reactions: 10 people

beatdise

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Gym workouts
5.7 this morning and I was naughty yesterday :cool: I'm naughty every friday.
3.8 before my naughty lunch yesterday, which was late by a couple hours, so I was shaky etc.
Then his lordship Togo entertained the good people of Poole with his woo wooing :hilarious:
That dog has quite the fan club, everyone remembers him and comes over to give him a cuddle :joyful:
We are in a veritable pit of naughtiness YES!

Reactions: 8 people
S

Sable_Jan

Ok, I admit, I was NAUGHTY too - had 2 shortbread biscuits post lunch :hungry: - I had planned on one only but they were the last two in the tin from Xmas and I didn't want to leave that last one lonely......:sorry:

Reactions: 13 people
S

Sable_Jan

6.7 this morning slowly starting to come down still got some infection cause last weeks full blood count has come back showing infection.
Had 1 asthma attack overnight so not slept great.
Hope you get a better sleep tonight. Nice to see your figures below 7 :)

Reactions: 2 people
S

Sable_Jan

Thats CONTROL! Don't you just LOVE it?
Thank you @beatdise I'd love to take credit for the good figures but I was lucky being diagnosed early enough to have only just gone into prediabetic range last year because of my high BP. I have worked at getting back to normal range but lucky that my body seems to be bouncing back without too much damage with only having had higher bs levels for a short while..... Still astounded at your great results - I was floating for days when I got my HbA1c back as 39 so you must still be on cloud 9......:joyful::joyful:

Susikav

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Diabetes and ulcerative colitis.... :) Rude people... Violence.... and the amount of time I spend away from my beautiful family in the UK...
5.7 this morning- after going to bed on 5.7
I didn't really know what to expect today as I had my main meal at 3.30pm due to my 5-10 pm shift when I got home I had a cold black farmers sausage while making my hot chocolate, probably should have had more but didn't want to eat too much too late, may experiment more tonight as I'm on same shift again- really enjoyed my first last night, an eye - opener into society and how homelessness is perceived!
You are a dynamo - a very caring one... :) It might take a while to balance a new pattern in your life, might it? Your routine will be all over the place...

Susikav

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Diabetes and ulcerative colitis.... :) Rude people... Violence.... and the amount of time I spend away from my beautiful family in the UK...
Reactions: 4 people
Status
Not open for further replies.