Type 2's: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning?

Status
Not open for further replies.

beatdise

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Gym workouts
How did you do that? :) It is cold, you were hurrying? You kept moving all day? Blimey, that's real control... fantastic... you aren't boasting now, are you? :rolleyes:
TRUE...There is a fine line between sharing and boasting...I am just sharing my journey...good bad and ugly....good at the moment...I didnt do much walking as I was sat in my clients office most of the time...did run up and down the escalators and from the train station to the car...but maybe my system is just functioning well...in between actually had some walnuts too...enjoy it while I can...

Reactions: 7 people

beatdise

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Gym workouts
Do you suppose it's the peanuts - meaning there's less room in the bar for stuff with sugar in? I might have to try chilling it in the fridge, then slicing it into thin slices so I only eat a few... I wonder if it would change the fairly high readings I get in the mornings? 5.5 today... :) wouldn't that be a lovely solution? :joyful:
5.5 aint high...isnt high...which ever sounds posher....I will try Snickers today though...

Reactions: 8 people

millysue

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Diet only
You could have .... no real way to tell. Unfortunately for all of us, you need to establish a pattern based on food, sleep, anxiety and a few other hundred factors. Keep a s/sheet going to track it by date / by meal
Thanks Mike will do

Reactions: 8 people

beatdise

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Gym workouts
5.2 this morning after last nights dinner a chicken lasagne with a healthy dollop of mashed potato with melted cheese on top.. follwed by leman and cinnamon tea and a square of Lindt Excellence 70% coco DARK chocolate.....I was 7.9 after 1 hour last night....then crashed out on the sofa and didn't wake till 2.00 am...so who knows what I was after 2 hours. Feeling great this morning though!!

Reactions: 13 people

Susikav

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Diabetes and ulcerative colitis.... :) Rude people... Violence.... and the amount of time I spend away from my beautiful family in the UK...
TRUE...There is a fine line between sharing and boasting...I am just sharing my journey...good bad and ugly....good at the moment...I didnt do much walking as I was sat in my clients office most of the time...did run up and down the escalators and from the train station to the car...but maybe my system is just functioning well...in between actually had some walnuts too...enjoy it while I can...
I was teasing you, sorry.... :sorry: Running up and down the escalators is good... probably if I did that every day I'd be able to eat croissants too... pain au chocolat... might have to go on my treadmill more... always so satisfying when your numbers are good even though you've enjoyed yourself... :)

Reactions: 5 people

Susikav

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Diabetes and ulcerative colitis.... :) Rude people... Violence.... and the amount of time I spend away from my beautiful family in the UK...
5.5 aint high...isnt high...which ever sounds posher....I will try Snickers today though...

Let us know how the Snickers experiment goes... :)

Reactions: 2 people

cold ethyl

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
6.1 unadjusted. I'd been up and about for a bit as I forgot to take meter to bed. Sure today's readings will be all over place as off to Brum for a 50th do- starts at 5.30 but we don't get food till 10 ish!!! Taking a packed lunch for journey and a small box of cheese cubes to keep me going tonight.

Reactions: 11 people

Susikav

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
5.2 this morning after last nights dinner a chicken lasagne with a healthy dollop of mashed potato with melted cheese on top.. follwed by leman and cinnamon tea and a square of Lindt Excellence 70% coco DARK chocolate.....I was 7.9 after 1 hour last night....then crashed out on the sofa and didn't wake till 2.00 am...so who knows what I was after 2 hours. Feeling great this morning though!!
Everyone's doing so well today... :) must be the cold weather or something... :)

Reactions: 6 people

Susikav

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
6.1 unadjusted. I'd been up and about for a bit as I forgot to take meter to bed. Sure today's readings will be all over place as off to Brum for a 50th do- starts at 5.30 but we don't get food till 10 ish!!! Taking a packed lunch for journey and a small box of cheese cubes to keep me going tonight.
Have a ball... good idea to take your lunch and snacks...

beatdise

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Gym workouts
I was teasing you, sorry.... :sorry: Running up and down the escalators is good... probably if I did that every day I'd be able to eat croissants too... pain au chocolate... might have to go on my treadmill more... always so satisfying when your numbers are good even though you've enjoyed yourself... :)
I know you were teasing @Susikav I havent had a croissant since I was diagnosed but after my INCREDIBLE Hba1c result I am just testing the system...I can tell straight away if I have overdone it...so am still trying to retain good control...trust me 3 months ago I was hanging on to the escalator hand rails...now I just run up and down them...and all I have done is changed my diet and increased my exercise at 59 I am WELL pleased. Thanks for your support!:)

Reactions: 6 people

Susikav

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
I know you were teasing @Susikav I havent had a croissant since I was diagnosed but after my INCREDIBLE Hba1c result I am just testing the system...I can tell straight away if I have overdone it...so am still trying to retain good control...trust me 3 months ago I was hanging on to the escalator hand rails...now I just run up and down them...and all I have done is changed my diet and increased my exercise at 59 I am WELL pleased. Thanks for your support!:)
You are a star...:happy: But how do you know if you overdo it? Just by numbers or do you feel different? Sometimes I get really hot and even sweat under my hair at the back... is that sugar? I am 66 so well past my 'hot flushes'... :)

Reactions: 3 people

beatdise

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Gym workouts
I feel it...my sensitivity since I changed my diet is almost hyper...my eyes water a little...and I feel slightly queasy...then when I check the numbers they confirm it too....although the impact of higher carb foods in the first 3 months on high readings is quite different to what it is now...so I can only assume the system MUST be working better...you sound a very young 66...I guess its the new 40!!

Reactions: 4 people
S

Sable_Jan

Do you suppose it's the peanuts - meaning there's less room in the bar for stuff with sugar in? I might have to try chilling it in the fridge, then slicing it into thin slices so I only eat a few... I wonder if it would change the fairly high readings I get in the mornings? 5.5 today... :) wouldn't that be a lovely solution? :joyful:
I DO believe the nuts make a big difference....doubt I'd get away with a Mars

Last edited:
Reactions: 5 people
S

Sable_Jan

It looks gorgeous - it all spikes me too much I think... though, having said that, I haven't tested since I first started testing and got the shock of my life with the results from home-made spelt bread and porridge too... :eek::( It might be worth a try and some of you - not naming names - have buttered white toast with jam, for breakfast... or spelt toast with poached eggs.. :)
My bread often start as a white mix cos I got them cheap BUT 2 very LARGE handfuls of bran are always the first addition then variety of seeds etc added afterwards

Reactions: 4 people

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Have I had the liver dump?
6.7 at 10.25 bedtime last night.
7.3 at 4.40 am. Had been awake for ages.
7.6 at 8.00 am.
New to testing so feeling very confused, as I thought it should go down over night.
I had dinner last night around 7 pm. Stry fry veg in butter, and didn't eat after.
Any advice please.

There are a lot of reasons why we go up overnight, most of which are outside our control. The most obvious is a liver dump, and this could be brought on by your being awake a long time before your 4.40am reading. Your liver could have been fooled into thinking you were getting up. Restless nights are one reason for liver dumps. There is very little you can do about it, it is quite natural albeit annoying. :(

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
5.8 at bedtime. Higher than my normal range for 2 nights running.
5.3 this morning same as yesterday and within range.

That is 2 nights on the run I have been higher than my normal range at bedtime but dropped back down again overnight. I put this down to having a decaf with cream after my meal both nights, keeping my levels elevated for longer. Last time I do that!

Reactions: 18 people
Status
Not open for further replies.