Type 2's: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning?

Status
Not open for further replies.

vit90

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
5.2 this morning and weighed myself for the first time since Tuesday and in the five days I have lost 1.75 lbs so I am now dead on 12st 3lbs. So I just missed breaking into 12st 2s, which was my target. But that is 4.25lbs since I restarted the Newcastle diet on Friday 27th Feb (9 days) so not too bad. I suppose there is less to lose, so it gets harder. Target now is to get to 12st even by next Sunday.

Edit - Just realised my average FBG for the last 5 days is down tp 5.2 from 5.5 :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 14 people

WeeFergus

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Cruelty to humans and animals.
6.2 this morning. At bedtime I was 5.6.

Reactions: 13 people

cold ethyl

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
A rubbish 6.5 today. Too much protein at dinner and I'm feeling very stressed as I've developed hives. They started on the Metformin and haven't cleared up yet and I'm fed up.

Reactions: 7 people

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
5.3 at bedtime
5.5 this morning

Tomorrow I am going away for a few days with a friend. She lives in Sunderland and I live in Lancs so we don't see each other very often. There is supposed to be broadband wifi in the cottage, so hopefully I can stay in touch on here. If I do disappear, you know why!

Reactions: 16 people

Patricia21

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Animal crualty
6 fasting.
Enjoy your trip to Sunderland Bluetit.

Reactions: 10 people

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
A rubbish 6.5 today. Too much protein at dinner and I'm feeling very stressed as I've developed hives. They started on the Metformin and haven't cleared up yet and I'm fed up.

Sorry to read that CE. That Metformin has a lot to answer to in your case. I hope they clear up soon. What we all need is Spring to arrive.

Reactions: 8 people

cold ethyl

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Sorry to read that CE. That Metformin has a lot to answer to in your case. I hope they clear up soon. What we all need is Spring to arrive.

Thanks- I do too as I'm getting fed up with the burning - though today for variety I seem to have the itch all over. I had something similar as a kid but then I just ran round naked for six weeks - clothes really hurt but I've not got the figure or b*lls to repeat that now.

Reactions: 8 people

Kezzer4321

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
6.4 for me this morning...after a late night (I want to bed at 3am). This meant I have slept in as I didn't get up until 10am. So I am knackered lol
Anyway off to run some errands before going to my parents for a Sunday roast.

Reactions: 9 people
S

Sable_Jan

Friend of mine had to come off hers due to that. Can you take piriton to help with the itch

Reactions: 2 people

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks- I do too as I'm getting fed up with the burning - though today for variety I seem to have the itch all over. I had something similar as a kid but then I just ran round naked for six weeks - clothes really hurt but I've not got the figure or b*lls to repeat that now.
Are you taking an antihistamine to try to shift the blighters, Ethyl? I know it's completely different, but if I get prickly heat (in the high, high summer), 48 hours on an antihistamine knocks it on the head. It seems I just need to turn my body's response around and it looks after itself.

Reactions: 6 people
S

Sable_Jan

5.3 at bedtime
5.5 this morning

Tomorrow I am going away for a few days with a friend. She lives in Sunderland and I live in Lancs so we don't see each other very often. There is supposed to be broadband wifi in the cottage, so hopefully I can stay in touch on here. If I do disappear, you know why!
Have a nice break :)

Reactions: 6 people
Status
Not open for further replies.