Type 2's: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning?

Status
Not open for further replies.

fionamarie

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thanks for the replies, don't like red wine lol, and coming to think of it, I had a handful of nuts while watchin IACGMOOH

Reactions: 2 people

A new man

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Well the 'drink less before bed' = 'no trip to the toilet at 5am' seems to have worked a little - from 8.9 yesterday morning it was only 7.0 this morning. Not going down so quickly after a breakfast of scrambled eggs and fried Mushrooms though - unless it is this dispensing machine coffee that we have at work!

Anybody else have any issues with dispensing machine coffee (no sugar obviously!)??

greyposter

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Cruelty to animals.Bullies,Soaps.
The term fasting assumes you had nothing to eat in the previous 8-10 hours, so normally it is only used for the reading one takes first thing in the morning.

As the name suggests sweet and sour sauce is not the best choice for a diabetic to make as it contains sugar and usually bids of pineapple (in syrup?).

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App
I was testing to show my wife what foods I must avoid in future..I know what fasting is but used it as a general term

pavlosn

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I was testing to show my wife what foods I must avoid in future..I know what fasting is but used it as a general term
Apologies. I did not mean to come across as pedantic

How is Bristol these days? I spent some wonderful years there back in the mid eighties as a student at the University.

Pavlos

Nuthead

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Thanks for the replies, don't like red wine lol, and coming to think of it, I had a handful of nuts while watchin IACGMOOH
There is always the whisky and soda experiment. G&T experiment. Vodka and.........:angelic:

greyposter

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Cruelty to animals.Bullies,Soaps.
Apologies. I did not mean to come across as pedantic

How is Bristol these days? I spent some wonderful years there back in the mid eighties as a student at the University.

Pavlos
Bristol has grown a lot.Weather today is blue skies with a slight breeze

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
A nice neat 4.0 for me this morning.

Today we're outside doing "stuff", and by jingo, it's chilly. Roll on January. I need sunshine. I need warmth. I want to swim in the ocean - NOW!!

Oh well, I'd best just settle myself in for the wait.

Have a good day everyone.

Reactions: 4 people
S

Sable_Jan

well it was 4.7 this morning and 6.1 after some All Bran crunch (60g) - probably not the healthiest of cereals as it is quite sweet but can get away with it, trouble is such a small portion (in my eyes) leaves me hungry.......

Meant to post the rest of my readings but I wrote them on my shopping list which is in the car somewhere in my shopping bag I think. A respectable below 8 after beans on toast for lunch and a small piece of my daughter's birthday cake (gave my granddaughter half of it) Will post them later on if I remember to dig them out. I do have them on my meter but haven't linked it up to this laptop yet.....

@Nuthead - hope you didn't mind the joke about shelling the nuts first cos toothache certainly is NO joke - worse pan than childbirth.......

Reactions: 4 people

Nuthead

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
well it was 4.7 this morning and 6.1 after some All Bran crunch (60g) - probably not the healthiest of cereals as it is quite sweet but can get away with it, trouble is such a small portion (in my eyes) leaves me hungry.......

Meant to post the rest of my readings but I wrote them on my shopping list which is in the car somewhere in my shopping bag I think. A respectable below 8 after beans on toast for lunch and a small piece of my daughter's birthday cake (gave my granddaughter half of it) Will post them later on if I remember to dig them out. I do have them on my meter but haven't linked it up to this laptop yet.....

@Nuthead - hope you didn't mind the joke about shelling the nuts first cos toothache certainly is NO joke - worse pan than childbirth.......
No problem. I give it. I take it. o_O..Toothache a lot better now. Pain in the a£@se diabetes still a pain. Ho hum..... :sour::sour:

Debmcgee

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi!
I stupidly threw away my home health strips box so has anyone got a code for them I can use to get my discount?

Thank you
Deb xxx

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Nice to see you posting again Debs. Hope all is well with you x

5 packs 264086
10 packs 975833

1207JRVL

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi!
I stupidly threw away my home health strips box so has anyone got a code for them I can use to get my discount?

Thank you
Deb xxx

Hi Deb
When you say you can get discount does that mean you have to pay for your strips?

Status
Not open for further replies.