Type 2's: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning?

Status
Not open for further replies.

1207JRVL

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Most of us type 2's have to pay for our own I'm afraid to say. :(
Hi
I must be really lucky as I get everything, meter, lancets and test strips on prescription as often as required. Have you asked your GP or have they just refused? Seems very unfair.

Reactions: 2 people

kimbo1962

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
5.2 this morning, busy eventful day of blood donors, shopping, phone call for an interview tomorrow resulting in a dash to get some smaller trousers! 5.1 before dinner and now 5.8 2 hrs after- decent day in all!!

Reactions: 7 people

Kezzer4321

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
5.2 this morning, busy eventful day of blood donors, shopping, phone call for an interview tomorrow resulting in a dash to get some smaller trousers! 5.1 before dinner and now 5.8 2 hrs after- decent day in all!!
Good luck for your interview - will keep my fingers, legs and eyes crossed for you:)

kimbo1962

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good luck for your interview - will keep my fingers, legs and eyes crossed for you:)
Thank you kezza- I have nothing to lose as I'm expected back in Feb at my present job but this one would be all year and also a step or two up

cold ethyl

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Thank you kezza- I have nothing to lose as I'm expected back in Feb at my present job but this one would be all year and also a step or two up

Good luck. What is it for ? Something nice I hope, if work can ever be nice.

kimbo1962

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good luck. What is it for ? Something nice I hope, if work can ever be nice.
Thank cold ethyl- it's post office counter. I'm now in my second year of receptionist after three years deputy manager of a bookies, loved the role but too many 14 1/2 hour days in the end there!
Hope your Mr continues to get well.

S

Sable_Jan

No problem. I give it. I take it. o_O..Toothache a lot better now. Pain in the a£@se diabetes still a pain. Ho hum..... :sour::sour:
Glad the toothache is better :) - going to be VERY naughty and risk toothache amongst other things such as a spike in bs - got 40 Snickers for £1.50 for kids/garandkids (proper 50g sized bars) can't give them ALL away. Not a chocolate at all costs person and I'll probs get half way through and think its not so good as I'm making it out to be in my mind right now BUT I reckon the nuts and fats will help slow the release - had to tell you I'm having nuts at bedtime :D

cold ethyl

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Thank cold ethyl- it's post office counter. I'm now in my second year of receptionist after three years deputy manager of a bookies, loved the role but too many 14 1/2 hour days in the end there!
Hope your Mr continues to get well.

Thanks. He looks a bit better and had a pudding tonight. Mind I sometimes think only death would stop him from eating his bodyweight in creme Fraiche.
Sounds good. I can imagine bookies hard - friend's son worked in one but gave it up as the hours were so unsociable.good luck x

Reactions: 4 people
S

Sable_Jan

Thanks @Sable_Jan He's a malamute rescue, 11 months old this week.
He was dumped by an Irish puppy farmer with parvo at 6 weeks.
Taken to the Irish Pound after being found on the street.
Then the Dog's Trust rescued him and got him medical care.
They had him for the next few months feeding him kibble, which he was unable to digest due to the Parvo.
He then got Giardia a couple of times while they had him.
We got him at 4.5 months, weighing about 10.5 kgs instead of the 20kgs he should have been.
Around the same time I was diagnosed with Diabetes.
We put him on RAW and he was better within a few hours.
He then exploded with health.
He's beautiful:happy: as is yours
Ooh, another Rescue - lovely people on here getting Rescue dogs. I have another 4 besides Moo. All German Shepherds (well one is the cross I posted few days ago) who came into Rescue with us and stayed. All older apart from one who has an enlarged heart with an irregular beat (so he's going nowhere either)

Must be a link between people with all you lovely people with diabetes and rescuing dogs @kman (kman's in another thread I follow and he's always had rescues too)

S

Sable_Jan

Good luck with the interview and finding the perfect trousers for it :)

S

Sable_Jan

Nice to see you posting again Debs. Hope all is well with you x

5 packs 264086
10 packs 975833

I read about discounts for test strips earlier in this thread but I was so engrossed in all the posts I forgot to ask about them. I use the Contour Next tester and buy my strips on eBay (I guess folks who get them free on prescription and sell off their excess - did have a chemists label on one with persons name....)

Could someone give me more info please? I tend to pay, on average £9/£10 for a box of 50. Not lasting long now I'm testing pre/post all my meals (though I guess I will test less if I get pretty similar results each time from same meals

S

Sable_Jan

I buy codefree test strips and you can get a discount if you buy them direct from homehealth website.
The codes for the discount are 5 packs 264086
10 packs 975833
Works out with p&p to be about £26 for five packs of 50
I bought a codefree meter from them and use that for a while then my GP prescribed one for a while.
Thanks - I've bookmarked the page to check it out in the morning. Need to shower and bed - slept like a belisha beacon last night :rolleyes:

Nuthead

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Glad the toothache is better :) - going to be VERY naughty and risk toothache amongst other things such as a spike in bs - got 40 Snickers for £1.50 for kids/garandkids (proper 50g sized bars) can't give them ALL away. Not a chocolate at all costs person and I'll probs get half way through and think its not so good as I'm making it out to be in my mind right now BUT I reckon the nuts and fats will help slow the release - had to tell you I'm having nuts at bedtime :D
Mrs Nuthead likes nuts at bedtime :hilarious:..enjoy the snickering :D :bag:

C

chris lowe

I am amazed that my reading this morning was 6.0 as I wnet to camera club last night and someone made the mistake of openin g a box of Roses that someone had given us as thanks for doing some shots of their girls who are majorettes. I know I ate too many (about 6!) but it doesn't happen very often. Anyway I was expecting a reading well over 6.00 but I'm being especially good for the rest of the week.

Reactions: 8 people

beardie

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I am amazed that my reading this morning was 6.0 as I wnet to camera club last night and someone made the mistake of openin g a box of Roses that someone had given us as thanks for doing some shots of their girls who are majorettes. I know I ate too many (about 6!) but it doesn't happen very often. Anyway I was expecting a reading well over 6.00 but I'm being especially good for the rest of the week.
Camera club? tell me more.

Status
Not open for further replies.