Type 3 diabetes

stevevince

I have been told by my doctor that I have type 3 diabetes. What this means is that it is untreatable with medicines, has anyone else heard of type 3?

phoenix

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hi Steve,
What other info has yourdoctor given you?
Unfortunately the term type 3 is used semi-officially for several types of diabetes and unofficially for completely different conditions, so you really need more info.
This thread might help if only to show the different things that are referred to as T3
viewtopic.php?f=15&t=15283&hilit=+pancreatic

stevevince

I was told it was type3 because he is saying that I am taking industial doses of insulin that are having very little if any effect on my blood sugars and that type3 is now recognised as a condition that is unable to be treated becase of a tolerance to all types of insulin and tablets

robertmiles

Are you aware that type 3 diabetes has often been used to describe people who don't have diabetes at all but still participate frequently in forums or newsgroups for diabetes?

You might want to ask your doctor for another name for that type of diabetes, and write it down so you can look for more information on the internet.