Type One and the gym

mdavies28

Hey Lois

I'm Type 1 too and sympathise with the tablets they are disgusting! Like people have said Jelly babies are pretty good, also the gels you can get are useful, I use kinetica energy gels [link removed] as they have some long acting carbs as well as short acting.

Other people have mentioned the length of workout and I 100% agree it should be shorter - 45 minutes max. Interval training is a fantastic way to keep fit, you certainly dont need to be doing hours and hours. I do sprinting (5 x 50m and 5 x 200m) and have lost loads of weight and toned up too, along with weights once or twice a week and a 30 minute spin class. Although you have to trial and error with the interval training (as its anaerobic it tends to raise your blood sugar a little bit during exercise a and depletes it more in the hours after than normal cardio) its also easier to manage over 30 minutes than 2 hours :)

hanadr

Expert
Dislikes
soaps on telly and people talking about the characters as if they were real.
The current iswsue of "The Lancet has an article on a study about exercise being under prescribed and its benefits.
Hana