1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2018 »
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Arrived here after watching The Truth About Carbs? Join the Low Carb Program for meal plans & 10 weeks of simple steps into your new lifestyle.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Type two wanting insulin pump

Discussion in 'Insulin Pump Forum' started by shezza48, Jan 31, 2018.

  1. paulus1

    paulus1 Type 2 · Well-Known Member

    Messages:
    845
    Likes Received:
    511
    Trophy Points:
    133
  2. shezza48

    shezza48 Type 2 · Member

    Messages:
    18
    Likes Received:
    9
    Trophy Points:
    23
    Just had another flare up of pancreatitis. I’m having so many hypos. My CGM alerted me about a dozen times last night that my blood sugar was going low. I tried dry toast and orange juice but vomited it back up rather quick. Doctors came out twice. Last doctor gave me a glucose injection which brought levels up to normal. I had more carbs at lunch time and BG levels stayed quite stable. Took my usual 16 units of humulin I at tea time and had 7 units of novorapid, it didn’t go down much. It’s now Wednesday morning and so far (it’s 2am, usually I’d start to drop now) I’m reading 7 and stable on my CGM. The hospital I’m under for my pancreatitis and the hospital I’m under for my diabetes are now at loggerheads because one says I’m type 1.5 heading to type 1, whilst the other says I’m type 2 insulin dependent. I have to have more blood tests to determine what type I am. The dietitian I saw on Monday says he thinks I’m type 1.5 in honeymoon period of becoming type 1. I’m now carb counting, I have been given a BG meter which works out your insulin Bolus according to carb portion. I have an appointment with DSN on Thursday, she is going to decide if she is going to change humulin to lantus. I have blood tests at doctors in next two weeks and another appointment for diabetic review at end of March, I have my MRI scan on March 2nd to determine if gallbladder surgery is required.
     
    • Useful Useful x 1
  • Meet the Community

    Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

    Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

    Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

  • Like us on Facebook