1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2022 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Type1 Gastric Surgery

Discussion in 'Ask A Question' started by Dawny9, Dec 29, 2021.

1. Dawny9

Dawny9 · Newbie

Has anyone had a Gastric Sleeve done as a Type1, not type2 only interested in Type1 thanks, I'm considering going to Turkey next month and cannot find anyone that has had the surgery?? Is this a sign? I have other medical issues that weightloss would help, thanks for any help

#1 Dawny9, Dec 29, 2021 at 8:54 PM
    Last edited: Dec 30, 2021
  2. HypnoFee

HypnoFee · Newbie

Hi Dawny9,

I've been trying to get gastric sleeve surgery via my local hospital. I've been rejected because I'm too big, have t1 and an existing band.

I've asked my GP for a 2nd opinion at another hospital. Im currently waiting for my local funding panel to ok this.

• Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook