Type2 for 4 weeks and BGC is still high

maryst

Type of diabetes
Carer
Hi hubby BGC is still high his fasting was 10.9, was out last night drinking, will that make a big difference. Type 2 fo

ladybird64

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Dishonesty, selfishness and lack of empathy.
Was he drinking beer? If so, I think the answer may be yes.

kjc2011

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Exercising lol
Hi ☺
I have only just started testing myself so I haven't really got a handle in it yet but I do know that alcahol can have an effect on blood sugar and can in some instances raise them xx

Moresby_lady

Type of diabetes
Type 2
I am type 2 and i stopped drinking since last september and my bloods r still a bit high but when i was drinking they were up in the 40s x

TorqPenderloin

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi hubby BGC is still high his fasting was 10.9, was out last night drinking, will that make a big difference. Type 2 fo
I looked through your past posts and saw that your husband was not yet on medication. Has he seen the nurse yet?

Yes, drinking can make a difference, but as others mentioned it depends on what he drank.

Has your husband actually made any changes in the last 4 weeks, or is he continuing the same things he's always done? Obviously, nothing is going to change if that's the case.

bugs1952

My hubby was diagnosed around 5 weeks ago and has drastically changed his diet, and takes regular walks even though he's 73. He has recently started eating Protein Bread from Waitrose (LoveLife) and this has made a real difference to his levels as the carbs in it are very low.